1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Microwave Filth

Discussion in 'Household, Hobbies & Pets' started by Snowbaby, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

Microwave Filth: Food splatters all over the inside of your microwave and cooks itself on after time. To easily remove this mess, place a sponge soaked in water in the microwave. Cook on high heat for 2 minutes, then allow it to sit without opening the microwave door, for 5 minutes. The filth is now ready to be wiped right off - no scrubbing - and your sponge is right there!

2. Dreama

Dreama New Member

or you put a bowl of hot water with lemons in it and heat it

3. fastchaz36

fastchaz36 New Member

cool [​IMG]
    i gotta do mine today [​IMG]

Any hints for ovens [​IMG]

4. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

Yups, saw the lemon trick on How Clean Is Your House.

Not sure about ovens chaz, but when you figure it out be sure to <strike>come and clean mine</strike> share the secret [​IMG]

5. Bubbles

Bubbles New Member

ummm im sure you could do the same with the water and lemon in the oven aswell [​IMG] just make sure you use an oven proof bowl.. and wait till the water and whatever has steamed out and cut down the grease on the oven [​IMG]

6. Dreama

Dreama New Member

yeah i love that show!!!

7. fastchaz36

fastchaz36 New Member

I can't be bothered to do my own snowy lol

I have just brought roasting dish so my meat dont spit all into the grill anymore thats what half of the problem is [​IMG] starts smokin everywhere

Phil did it last time it took ages lol cant ask him to do it again
    Well I might ask him to do it for my birthday lol

8. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

*holds hand up*

this works!!! I did it last night!!! Works wonders!!!

9. regina

regina New Member

The water with lemons thing kind of scares me because of that thing where the water explodes o_o! I imagine if lemons were in it to break the surface it would be okay though.

Our oven just has a thing where you can set it on a super high heat and everything burns off.

10. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

Water explodes?? How so?

If that was the case, why do we boil water in kettles, on the cooker in a pan, and yes indeed, in microwaves?

11. regina

regina New Member

12. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

I've seen this happen with a cup of coffee, but never with water... freaky [​IMG]

13. Dot

Dot Active Member

thats how I do mine...plus the kitchen smells all lemony after that

14. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel New Member

^ I love the smell of lemons! [​IMG]

We just got a new microwave, so this will certainly be a big help.

15. BellaNightshade

BellaNightshade New Member

wow, exploding water... you learn somethin new every day!!