• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Mammograms are not fun

Zynni

Had my first mammogram recently. It was not a fun experience, and I dreaded it all the way there, although it's much less awkward than the dreaded pap smear. I guess I'll just have to get over it, and get it done regularly anyway, since it's so important.

It's very important to have a mammogram every year after 40. Early breast cancer detection allows for many more positive possibilities and outcomes.

Werbung:
My mom gets them every year as well. You should protect your thyroid, because all that radiation can go directly to your thyroid. My mom was told about that recently, kinda late tho, because she is almost 60, but now on she will be asking the radiologist to protect her thyroid during the mammogram.

I'm so glad I'm not 40 yet, I dread the mammogram as well, once every year sounds a lot to me, but breast cancer is no fun! Right now I get a sonogram scan every 6 months, just to be sure, because I took BCP for a long time.

My mom gets them every year as well. You should protect your thyroid, because all that radiation can go directly to your thyroid. My mom was told about that recently, kinda late tho, because she is almost 60, but now on she will be asking the radiologist to protect her thyroid during the mammogram.

I'm so glad I'm not 40 yet, I dread the mammogram as well, once every year sounds a lot to me, but breast cancer is no fun! Right now I get a sonogram scan every 6 months, just to be sure, because I took BCP for a long time.

Thanks for sharing that, Trell. I didn't mean to scare anyone off from it, and I like I said, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess I just find most exams to be a little awkward, lol.

With the equipment they have now, they can find problems much earlier, so it's imperative to have regular mammograms. They do change and save lives.

Werbung:
No problem :) I think most of us feel so anxious and even scared when it comes to medical test! I recently had several medical tests done, and let me tell you they were so uncomfortable! I'll be having another set of tests next year before my surgery, sadly most of those tests are so uncomfortable and even painful, yikes!

As for mammograms, yeah, they are truly necessary, but I won't start until I turn 40, not earlier ;) Unless they tell me to do it. But I doubt it, since I'm no longer taking BCP, they had found some small cysts before, but fortunately they vanished! I keep getting ultrasound checks of my breasts every 6 months tho.

Back