1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Herbs

Discussion in 'Ailments & Natural Remedies' started by thistle, Mar 29, 2005.

1. thistle

thistle New Member

Aloe Vera - So easy to keep as a house plant, snap off a leaf and use the juice to ease sunburn

Lavendar - wrap dried flowers in muslin and hang under the tapwhile running a bath or......keep dried flowers in your cupboards to keep moths away.

Chamomile - use to lighten blonde hair, as an infusion to aid insomnia or (my favourite) as a face mask :

1 tbsp dried chamomile flowers, 175 ml boiling water, 2 tbsp bran and 1 tsp of clear honey.

pour the boiling water over dried flowers and leave to stand for 30 minutes, strain and discard the flowers. Mix 3 tbsp of the liquid with the bran and honey and apply to your face, leave on for 10 minutes then rinse it off. [​IMG]

Mint - Chewing on a mint leaf after eating not only gives you luvverly fresh breath but helps to aid digestion....especially for fatty meats like lamb ( hence mint sauce is a traditional accompaniment to lamb)

More to come [​IMG]

2. Tia

Tia New Member

I love lavendar.

I use the oil on my temples if I have a headache or burn it just to give the house a fresh feel. [​IMG]

3. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

Good for promoting sleep too [​IMG]

4. Princess Pyro

Princess Pyro New Member

lavendar is no good for me [​IMG] gives me headaches [​IMG]

Eucalyptus is good for when you have a cold. helps you breath [​IMG]