• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Have you ever suffered a broken heart?

ssamcd

When I was dating, before I married my husband I suffered a broken heart in two of the relationships I had before my husband. They were pretty rough to handle. I remember feeling my world was done. I suppose I let time heal my heart. As I am older now I see that it is a very traumatic time for a young person to go through. Just wondering how you handle a broken heart, or are you currently suffering from a broken heart?

Werbung:
Sad to say, yesssss. It was a deep kind of broken-heartedness which lasted for many many years and which I silently carried inside of me. It started in high school and haunted me 'til my married life. Maybe that's one of the reasons also why my marriage failed. I hanged on to the past so long. :((

Oh absolutely. Before this last year, I would've been able to say "yes," but I wouldn't have meant it in the same way as I do now. I felt a lot of pain with my last breakup. It really shattered my world and not just because of the guy, but because of what it did with my entire life. It changed my entire path and without my control of what was happening even. It crushed me. I got over it, but it was still really hard to deal with.

Yes. It was pretty awful for me because I was just thirteen. I know it might have intensified due to my lack of maturity back then but I am glad I got over it unscathed- except for the broken heart, I guess.

I didn't get over him until I ended up with my second boyfriend who, due to my respect for him, tried to forget about the first guy. I know my action was probably immature- forgetting about him for the sake of the other guy rather than willing myself to forget him. Either way, I am just glad that I was able to fully recover from it.

YES! I most definitely have had a broken heart. It was really painful at the time but wow, it is like my heart broke wide open. I realized that I brought it upon myself in so many ways...and then my heart stayed open with a beautiful feeling inside of it.

Best thing that ever happened to me! Life took off after that...and brought a new and better version of Love into my Life. When your heart breaks...it makes you aware that you have one and that it needs to be opened like a flower...and flourish.

Unfortunately yes, I did. My first boyfriend had broken up with me out out of the blue and after a while I found out that he was cheating on me. I was devastated and it took me a few years to heal. I still have trust issues even though I'm so happy now.

My first love broke my heart and it really hurt me that I ran away to a neighboring country to heal my heart. I used to think that my life had ended but now I'm more practical. My philosophy is that what's in the past should remain in the past. I cannot change it and it's something that is beyond my control. What I can control is how I lead my life now. So I don't dwell on the past. Let it remain in the past and my aim now is to work on my present life and relationships.

Werbung:
I think anyone who has ever put themselves out there and loved someone will suffer a broken heart. My heart has broken so many times I'm amazed I'm still alive. I've had 5 serious relationships since I've been an adult, 3 of them ended with my heart broken, 1 I broke his heart, and one I'm still with--but he has broken my heart a few times also.

Love is a dangerous zone.

Back