• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you use Facebook to keep up with your friends?

digitalbrew

It's no surprise that Facebook has such an impact on a lot of people's lives. Phrases such as "He unfriended me" or "She changed her status" are one of the many stories we hear when it comes to relationships going awry.

On a lighter note, I've started checking my news feed more often this month. I just recently realized that I do like reading about my friends' updates. And although I do not place any updates of my own, I do comment.

How about you? Do you use Facebook to update yourself with your friends' life?

Werbung:
I do keep up with some friends via Facebook, such as those who live far away from me who I don't see often. I am not obsessive about it, I do write status updates but they are few and far between. I do wonder how many relationships Facebook has broken up - I know two people who have had spouses run off with people they met on Facebook.

No, I deleted my Facebook years ago and have never missed it. I really hated the intense social networking thing. I don't WANT to be that connected to people, and the people I do wish to connect with I have no trouble staying in touch with outside of Facebook. In general, I get a really evil vibe about that site. I think it invades people's privacy and is just way too much for me.

It is too much connectivity for me, but I do sign on maybe once every 2 or 3 days. I think it's a a huge time waster. Knowing about someone eating a sandwich does not enhance my life in any way. I just try to do thing that make me happy and FB is not one of them.

I do sometimes. I really dislike Facebook, to be honest, but I've also lost touch with a lot of people over the years and I don't really want to lose touch with everyone. I don't do it daily or even weekly, but I do try to touch base ever so often.

I use my personal Facebook profile to keep track of everyone's birthday. I also use it to stay on top of what's happening in a very important group I belong to. I don't spend much time on Facebook, but it has allowed me to find some very old friends that I have lost contact with over the years.

I'm one of these few people who don't have a facebook account. I'm just not interested in other peoples life too much and I don't like sharing personal information. When I sit in front of the computer, I prefer to do other things. I talk to my friends when I meet them in real.

Perhaps I'm just old but I just don't get Facebook. I don't see the need to always be in touch with friends. For me, I value the friends that I have that are near to me. That I can just go and have a chat with face to face. I don't think I like chatting with friends online or on Facebook. I want to see their face and look at their body language so that I can see what exactly they're trying to tell me. Online you can't see what your friends are doing while they're chatting with you. For all you know they're doing something else while you're waiting on every word that they have to say.

I used Facebook for a few months but soon became tired of it and deleted my account. So, I do not use it to keep updated with what's happening with my friends. I remain in contact with them in person, phone and/or email.

No, I deleted my Facebook years ago and have never missed it. I really hated the intense social networking thing. I don't WANT to be that connected to people, and the people I do wish to connect with I have no trouble staying in touch with outside of Facebook. In general, I get a really evil vibe about that site. I think it invades people's privacy and is just way too much for me.

I didn't do any Facebook update or check it for newsfeeds for a couple of years. LOL. In fact, I grew Facebook-illiterate. I somewhat share your anti-Facebook belief. I hate being connected to people. I guess that's the reason I hardly update my profile... Heck, I haven't posted any updates for more than 6 months. LOL. I only like and comment.

As for your evil vibes, your right on that one. It has stepped on some privacy issues reason why I don't entirely trust on them for details such as my location (although I'm pretty sure they've recorded that in their system as well).

I think facebook has helped me keep in touch with people that I otherwise may have lost touch with. I like being able to stay in touch without havin to make a bunch of phone calls or plan trips all the time.

How can you say that facebook invades your privacy? If you don't want it to be public knowledge, don't post it. Pretty simple.

It is very tempting for people to share things on there, that's why you see so many people posting every single little detail about their daily lives. I am the type of person who is an open book. My friends know everything about me and I hold nothing back.

It's easy to say, "don't post it." But it simply did not work for me. If I was upset, I would post about it--and then be humiliated later when everyone knew every detail of the latest problem I was having. I'm a very emotional, passionate person. I can't control myself and also suffer from some emotional issues. When I had Facebook, I found myself unable to stop myself from sharing every detail about whatever I happened to be going through that day. Most times, I did this hoping for some type of support or attention from people I cared about. But most times, I'd go ignored. And like I said in my other post, my friends who were actually there for me were there for me outside Facebook. I already had support. So why did I feel the need to seek it from these random acquaintences, long-distance family members and other people who were not in my life outside Facebook? I don't know the answer to that, but it caused me a lot of pain. It seemed that every day of my life I was upset about something on Facebook. This went on for more than a year.

Yes, it is a person's choice what they post, and for some people, that might not cause any problems. But it's more complicated than it being the person's choice what they post. Everything about Facebook is designed to draw you in and get you stuck there. It has a nasty energy about it and they do take your personal information and use it for other things--it says right there in the contracts that they make you sign to get started.

It tends to bring out the worst in people, too. Like I said, for some people, this probably won't cause any problems. Some people never have social issues in life anyway. They go through their whole life with the same circle of friends and relatively no drama. My life has never been that way. I've never gotten along well with most people. I was bullied terribly when I was young. I just don't like people, honestly. That's what it comes down to. So being immersed in up-to-the-minute communication with every person I'd ever met in my life all at once was not a good situation for me at all.

I just got rid of my personal Facebook account recently, I only have a Facebook account to play some games on my android. That's the only reason I have Facebook right now, otherwise I'd not, I don't want to have anything to do with that site. It's an awful place, it actually made me feel so lonely and depressed. A lot people there pretend their lives are better than actually are all the time, that makes one think things aren't so good in one's life.

I do use it to keep up with friends. Family as well. I also use my Facebook for games. I have friends everywhere, so it's awesome to have to keep in touch with them. (y)

Werbung:
I use it to keep up with friends and family but also for networking. It's much quicker to send a message than to text or call as you can see when someone is online. I also like to message friends abroad without having to use Skype so I can multitask and not feel obliged it I don't give my full attention. The important thing is not to let Facebook control you and you use it for your needs.

Back