• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Killed By Stingray

Snowbaby

Television star Steve Irwin, known as the ``Crocodile Hunter,'' died after a sting-ray's barb pierced his chest during the filming of a documentary, police said.

The 44-year-old collapsed after being stung by the sting-ray at Batt Reef, near Port Douglas, a popular tourist resort, at 11 a.m. today, the Queensland Police Service said in the e-mailed statement.

Irwin shot to fame after his first wildlife documentary, `The Crocodile Hunter,' became a global hit. He went on to film 53 episodes of the Emmy award-nominated `Croc Files' and `The Crocodile Hunter Diaries' which chronicled his day-to-day life working at Australia Zoo.

Irwin has since appeared on `The Oprah Winfrey Show,' `The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,' and collaborated with the Wiggles, to film `The Wiggles: Wiggly Safari.''

Irwin began catching crocodiles as a nine-year-old boy, learning from his father who started the reptile park he took over in 1991.

Irwin is survived by his wife Terri, and two children, son Bob and daughter Bindi, Sydney's Daily Telegraph said on its Web site. Irwin created a furor in 2004 when he was shown holding one- month-old Bob near a feeding crocodile.

Irwin was an animal rights campaigner who fought to protect crocodiles after the Northern Territory state government proposed the resumption of crocodile hunting.

Source

<

Werbung:
Well, he has noone to blame but himself. Accidents happen, but I never felt he truly made sure he was safe.... and well, this happens. Feel sorry for the kids, and the wife.... But I'm actually surprised he lasted this wrong with the way he went about things...

I can't believe that he is dead, there has been loads of prank claims and i'm hoping this is one of them. Steve Urwin was brilliant he may seem to have taken risks but he was able to read the situations with the animals he saw but he never forgot that they were wild and therefore could be unpridictable.
Everything that we do has risks and if no-one ever took risks America would be undiscovered!!!!

No its not a prank, its all over australian news... with even condolences sent from the prime minister.

That's crazy. I feel so sorry for him and that whole family, I loved watching him, he was eccentric but he really had a love and passion for animals.

This is really sad news.
<

Werbung:
Back