• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Child Booze Ban 'no Help'

Snowbaby

PROPOSALS to prosecute parents who give alcohol to under-15s - even with a meal at home - would not solve binge drinking and could create more problems, drinks producers have said.

Alcohol Concern made the recommendation as part of a wide-ranging set of proposals to cut child drinking.

It highlighted figures - first published in November last year by the NHS - which showed the amount of booze consumed by 11 to 13-year-olds has rocketed in recent years.

The Portman Group, set up by drinks producers which together supply the majority of the alcohol sold in the UK, said there was a case for raising the drinking age.

But it pointed out that the continent does not suffer from binge drinking issues and children there are given moderate amounts of alcohol in a controlled way.

Source

Werbung:
What do you guys think about this? Do you think it's ok that parents allow their children to try alcohol under their supervision, in their own homes?

Personally, my belief is, if kids/teens want to try alcohol, they willdo so regardless of whether they have parental permission or not. Within reason, I don't see that it is wrong for parents to let their kids try alcohol under such supervision... dependent on the age of the kids in question. At least the parents have control over how much and what alcohol is given .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snowbaby @ Apr 27 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What do you guys think about this? Do you think it's ok that parents allow their children to try alcohol under their supervision, in their own homes?[/b]

I have no problem with this! I think that's completely ok, even reasonable. I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking a glass of wine after meal, once a day is even considered healthy - and I think that it's really good for the parents to let children know the limits.
Call me crazy, but alcohol isn't neccesarily bad, as long as it's within limits - a glass of wine (even every day!), or a rum coke/gin tonic/champaign/something else in special occasions(not every day
<
) is something every normal human being will try or will do. I think that, after the age of 15 is quite normal for kids to try this, and it's great that the parents are the ones that are bringing them into the "world of adults" and showing them what's normal and even, socially acceptable behaviour.
All this comes from a person who is 25, and has never been neither drunk - nor even tipsy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Personally, my belief is, if kids/teens want to try alcohol, they willdo so regardless of whether they have parental permission or not. Within reason, I don't see that it is wrong for parents to let their kids try alcohol under such supervision... dependent on the age of the kids in question. At least the parents have control over how much and what alcohol is given . [/b]

Absolutely.

I think as parents if we are open about such things then kids are less likely to hide it from us. My ex is a recovering addict and it is in my boys genes...so I will always be open with them. I know as a kid I had wine with meals if my parents did and I didn't really like it. However I knew what it was about and didn't have to sneak it...it is hard to say.

im 13 and if my parents have a glass of wine or something at the dinner table on special ocasion i always will have a tiny bit is that so wrong ??????????

Werbung:
Back