• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Can there be one Holiday that isn't all about cooking?

Zynni

Let's make a new holiday, one where we don't have to clean and shop and plan and cook for days. I mean, I love getting together with family and cooking for them, but I would love to have one holiday that actually gives me a break from all that. They say Mother's Day counts, but meh, I want one of the major holidays to be a chance to relax. I don't want to wait until May lol.

Werbung:
Let's make a new holiday, one where we don't have to clean and shop and plan and cook for days. I mean, I love getting together with family and cooking for them, but I would love to have one holiday that actually gives me a break from all that. They say Mother's Day counts, but meh, I want one of the major holidays to be a chance to relax. I don't want to wait until May lol.

Lol, This is funny. I actually don't think that you are going to get what you want as far as this phantom holiday goes, unless you get your family together and just make it a thing between your family. Many holidays have one message to convey, and that is the importance of family, gratitude for food, and comfort. If you want a chance to relax, you should be sneaky and let someone else host the holiday season. That way, all you'll have to do is shop and then after that all you have to do is turn up at someone else's house and stuff your face.

I mean there are national days, like St. Patrick's day. Most places of employment give employees the day off. But it still doesn't feel like a holiday season. It's just one day.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen either. ;) I'm not really complaining. I do love getting together with everyone. When I started thinking about all the things I need to do, I got tired thinking about it. lol

Yes, I totally agree. There should be a holiday! Or maybe we should make one where all the men cook the meals. Don't know how that would work, they might burn the kitchen down in the process...

Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen either. ;) I'm not really complaining. I do love getting together with everyone. When I started thinking about all the things I need to do, I got tired thinking about it. lol

Well, even if you were complaining, it wouldn't be a crime. People complain. We do a whole lot of other things too, of course. But complaints are a part of us. They help us to know what we do want and what we don't ;)

As for Christmas, I don't do much for Christmas. My mother and her chef boyfriend usually take care of the cooking side of things, and I HATE shopping, as I stated in another thread that I posted on this forum. So I don't do that either. If I actually had the money to buy friends gifts for Christmas, I'd probably do it all online. The cleaning side of things - well - I have to clean the whole house every week anyway. So that is already a given.

Yes, I totally agree. There should be a holiday! Or maybe we should make one where all the men cook the meals. Don't know how that would work, they might burn the kitchen down in the process...

LOL mine wouldn't burn it down, but he sure would make a mess. It's almost not worth it, unless they are going to clean it up too. lol

@Dreek Lass... that's true too, but I can find better things to complain about, lol.

I actually enjoy shopping and wrapping and all that, especially getting stuff for the younger kids. Their smiles can light up the room. I do hate that it's all so commercialized. I remember one year, a store here started playing Christmas music in September and had a toy display down the center aisle with Christmas decorations with the toys. It was a HUGE turn off to me.

Werbung:
I like holidays like Doughnut Day, or Pancake Day, or Margarita Day. Simple celebration, simple menu. It really makes celebrating much easier and straightforward. There is no need for 50 desserts and sides, 4 entrees, 2 types of bread, and navigating a room filled with varied emotional booby traps from holidays past. There are no meltdowns on Doughnut Day, unless the person in front of you takes the last honey cruller, then well....it could end badly.

Back