• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Boyfriend always interrupts me...

Lugia

He's a sweet guy don't get me wrong, but he interrupts me sooo much and it's driving me crazy! I often begin a sentence and get a couple words in before he starts talking about something completely different. I often wait for him to finish his before I continue -- only to get interrupted again!! We were once sitting and there was a pause in the conversation we were having about his vacation but he didn't say a word until I tried to tell him about mine, then he was back to talking... and this repeated once again. I always let him talk about his passions but when I talk about things I love and care about he usually seems very disinterested.

Of course this isn't the first time it's happened, at first I just thought it was just him being talkative but now I'm starting to think it might be something else?? As much as I hate to jump to conclusions... a lot of times when I do manage to get something I've been meaning to say out he usually barely acknowledges it before moving on, and it's frustrating especially when I try to make very time-sensitive plans with him or I'm telling him something about my personal life.

I notice he also rarely replies to my texts, or Facebook or Skype messages, and so I can never really get a hold of him and can't really tell him anything important...

Basically, what should I do?? Am I just being childish and clingy? I want to do something about it but I don't know what to do if I should do anything or whether I should just shut up...

Werbung:
Update: we broke up :///
Sorry to hear of the break-up, but it honestly does sound like he is not the guy for you. You deserve to be heard too and not just the one doing all the listening. Sounds like he was a bit selfish to me.

Hope you are doing well!

I feel very sorry for you, breaking up is always so painful:( I know, I've been there. But maybe it's a good thing. You deserve somebody who will be interested in your life, somebody who will like listening to you talking about anything. I hope that you will heal soon and find the love of your life.

Thank you, ladies, it means a lot... but ugh now I'm annoyed and actually somewhat angry because now it seems that he's trying to get with one of my friends. I can't believe it! He was no good to me, but it still hurts that it seems he probably never actually loved me in the slightest to begin with, he only wanted a girlfriend... :(

Maybe I'm just being kind of irrational or immature about this whole thing, but it's not that I'm jealous of her at all - he just didn't treat me right and I don't want that to happen to her, too...

Last edited:
He doesn't sound like a nice person at all. Trying to date your friend right after breaking up with you is nasty. I'm very sorry that this happened to you. Try not to think about it. Think about the love of your life that I'm sure you'll meet soon. I know that if hurts to see your ex with somebody else though, I remember that it was a torture for me when my ex started dating others:cry:

Thank you, ladies, it means a lot... but ugh now I'm annoyed and actually somewhat angry because now it seems that he's trying to get with one of my friends. I can't believe it! He was no good to me, but it still hurts that it seems he probably never actually loved me in the slightest to begin with, he only wanted a girlfriend... :(

Maybe I'm just being kind of irrational or immature about this whole thing, but it's not that I'm jealous of her at all - he just didn't treat me right and I don't want that to happen to her, too...
You are not being immature, you are hurt and we can all understand that! I would try to talk with your friend, but if she doesn't listen then she will unfortunately learn the hard way. If she saw exactly how he treated you, she probably won't want to be with him and some friends won't date a friend's ex.

You will find a guy who treats you the way you should be treated - with respect, love and show you that you are the only girl in the world that could make him happy. I know it is hard now, but you will find the right guy! He is out there somewhere.

Honestly, I wouldn't even try to talk to your "friend". I can't imagine a real friend having a relationship with an ex of mine that treated me poorly, and girlfriend he treated you poorly. The fact that he did not respect your ideas and opinions and hardly bothered to text you back means he did not treat you with respect. Besides just let it go and concentrate on you.

I'm sorry to hear that the two of you broke but maybe it was for the best. You deserve to be with someone that is going to care about your interests as wells as you care about his interests.

Werbung:
Honestly, I wouldn't even try to talk to your "friend". I can't imagine a real friend having a relationship with an ex of mine that treated me poorly, and girlfriend he treated you poorly. The fact that he did not respect your ideas and opinions and hardly bothered to text you back means he did not treat you with respect. Besides just let it go and concentrate on you.

I'm sorry to hear that the two of you broke but maybe it was for the best. You deserve to be with someone that is going to care about your interests as wells as you care about his interests.

Thank you - to clarify though, said friend never actually tried to get into a relationship with him - it was he who was trying to make a move on her, she was just giving me a little heads up on what was going on. I cut that jerk out of my life and I have a beautiful girlfriend now, and our relationship is wonderful. Things are definitely looking up :)

Back