• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Are Your Children Named After Anyone?

Snowbaby

Are your children named after anyone?
<

Werbung:
technically only his middle name is after his dad. his first name was just because I love the name but it's also a Biblical name (Joshua)

Heya Beamy
<
Joshua is a lovely name, it's very popular in the UK!

Kelly, your boys are gorgeous, you're very blessed
<

well I have no kids but rest assured......should they ever arrive I will definately be using family names, not necessarily as a first name but at least as a middle name.

I believe one of the first rows my parents had was over my name .....my father was the only one of my grandparents children NOT to be given a family name and he hates it so he wanted me to at least have a middle name after someone (like my brother has), my mother won and neither my first nor middle name are after anyone...........I also hate it, DAMMIT !!!! I want to carry someone's name !!!!!

<

P.S ... my youngest neice was named after me so it KINDA makes up for it
<

Alexander is named after my Father
<

My sister named her baby after her boyfriends Father and his middle name after my Father.

My oldest was, though now i wish i hadnt... be really careful when you name your kids after someone lol (it could come back to haunt you)

I'm starting to feel guilty that when I have kids, they won't be named after family members but rather after rock n' roll references.
<

Not necessarily first names, but I'd like my kids to have a middle name like Layla (Clapton song) or Vera Lynn (Pink Floyd song) for a girl, and Roger (after Roger Waters, Roger Daltrey) for a boy.

A friend of mine in high school was named Angie after the Rolling Stones song, and I thought that was the coolest thing.

But I'm kinda weird.

Werbung:
Tilly, one can name one's child whatever one wishes
<
lol

I like the name Layla! It's very pretty! We already have our girl name picked out, hubby has always had a favourite girlie name. Boys on the other hand... boy names are tricky!! I'm not sure our kids will be named after family members either. I mean, with 2 sets of parents... how do you choose which name your child should have without offending the other parent?!

For myself and my brother, our middle names came from our grandparents. My brother has our paternal grandfather's name as his middle name, and I've got my maternal grandmother's name as mine.

Back