• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Are you and your partner opposites?

dconklin

I am an outgoing get along with everybody kind of person. I am also the one to be the goof in the crowd, whether it is singing to the radio at a red light with people next to me or being silly in public.
I like to have fun with it and make people laugh.

He is definitely the opposite! He sometimes judges a book by it's cover, which irritates me. He also gets embarrassed too easily and is not at all the outgoing goofy type when we are out. He grew up in an uptight town and I guess that is why, but I don't know for sure.

We get along, but our differences are sometimes an issue. Not enough to separate us tho, we make it work.

Werbung:
My hubby & I are pretty opposite... He's very laid-back when it comes to most things while I am not. The one thing he's not laid-back about, I am. LOL He has to have the TV going all the time, even to fall asleep. I prefer the quiet most of the time & when I am in the mood for noise, I prefer to listen to music. Now I'm not saying that I hate TV because I don't, I actually have some shows that I like to watch. I'm big on saving money, he's big on spending it. LOL I go for the cheapest item/brand while he's all name brands. He LOVES talking on the phone, me not so much. I love to talk to people face to face, he prefers the phone actually.

For all those differences, we are a lot alike too. We both love to cuddle. We like the same type of music & video games. We're both homebodies when we can, he drives truck for a living & I'm just anti-social, LOL. I love to coupon & he loves to watch me bring down our grocery bill (while not quite the same, its close enough) & brag about how much I've saved in a single trip before. I like to experiment when I cook (my latest success is 'Spiderman noodles'), he loves to eat my experiments. We both can't stand idiots, which is what the majority of my family is so we stay away from them.

I believe we're about the same in that aspect. My partner is also laid back on almost everything, even the schedule he goes to work while I prefer arriving a couple of minutes before my shift starts. He's also not big in remembering things... even significant events. I, on the other hand, pay particular attention to tiny details. Fortunately, he's also patient with me and has taught me to relax a little because I used to be a perfectionist who gets immediately stressed out on the little things.

We do love spending time with each other and we are both gamers so we share certain activities together.

I can be 99.9 percent certain if I like something my husband won't, and vice versus. We are totally opposite in almost everything and despite that we managed to decorate our home together and still stay married. : ) One thing we had to learn early in our marriage was how to compromise. We are also very different in personalities as he tends to take things more seriously in life which I suppose is due to his line of work (he's a lawyer) and can be a bit of a perfectionist whereas I am more laid back (maybe too much sometimes) and can see the funny side of life. Despite all these differences we somehow makes things work and have been happily married for 12 years.

My boyfriend and I are opposites, my family always questions why were together, stating differences are the death of any relationship. Luckily I know better because of the issues we had to deal with in the past. The fact that he is so laid back during times of crisis helps me so much because I tend to become nervous and pace. If he was not there to sit me down and massage my nerves, I don't know what might have happened. In a funny twist, he can get rather angry when it comes to driving, as we encounter so many baddies on the road. If I was not there to grab his arm, he told me he would have got out of his car and made a fool out of himself.

Another form of difference between us is that we believe in two different methods of paying. He always wants to pay as he feels that as the man, he should be doing this and that. However, I have always felt a woman should pay for herself or ask if it's okay to take the bill too. He can get rather annoyed by this, but it's funny, and cute. I just compromise later with him and say you can do, ex:"the laundry," to make my day feel less of a hassle. And sure enough he does it almost every chance he gets. (Or another ex: you can get the tab next time")

Thirdly, the main thing that I guess were so different on is that I am very openly emotional. He is very inward with his emotions, which is fine, because nothing beats him coming over and giving me a hug out of nowhere. While on the other hand if I start bawling, he always has the time, even though he seems scary, (to my friends as he keeps to himself in public), to let me cuddle.

So while there is other different reasons why we are different from each other, we always managed to somehow survive the next day. It's like a balance, because his sometimes laziness showed me what I need to become, and my past-struggles helped him step out of his laziness to be by my side when I need him most. ;D

We are complete and utter opposites, and thank God for that. But it works well for us because where I'm weak he's strong and where I'm strong he's weak. Like finances, instituting punishments or boundaries for the kids, and sheer responsibility, I have that market. But when it comes to cutting up and keeping everyone in stitches and in good spirits, he's the king. I think a relationship where both parties are similar wouldn't work out to well. Where one of you have faults, the other should be strong to make up the difference, whereas if they both have the same faults, how can you fix problems that arise due to those faults?

We are complete and utter opposites, and thank God for that. But it works well for us because where I'm weak he's strong and where I'm strong he's weak. Like finances, instituting punishments or boundaries for the kids, and sheer responsibility, I have that market. But when it comes to cutting up and keeping everyone in stitches and in good spirits, he's the king. I think a relationship where both parties are similar wouldn't work out to well. Where one of you have faults, the other should be strong to make up the difference, whereas if they both have the same faults, how can you fix problems that arise due to those faults?
Very well said! I believe you are correct there. There are many things that I am the one that takes care of it and there are many things that he takes care of. When something breaks in the house, quite often he is the one that fixes it - for example.

They say opposites attract and I think that sometimes when you are different...you complement each other and I think could be more powerful together than apart. I think my partner and I are are similar in some ways and so very different in other ways. Just not sure if we can make it work...

My ex and i, yes... we are. Marrying for the wrong reasons is definitely wrong. I already knew our varied differences way back then,but I was eager to have my own kids when my baby brother died. I didn't have anybody special that time, and I sort of, "miscalculated" (awwww). I thought differences were easy to deal with in a marriage... but no... big NO.

My ex and i, yes... we are. Marrying for the wrong reasons is definitely wrong. I already knew our varied differences way back then,but I was eager to have my own kids when my baby brother died. I didn't have anybody special that time, and I sort of, "miscalculated" (awwww). I thought differences were easy to deal with in a marriage... but no... big NO.
I think differences can be a good thing to make it exciting, but it depends on the differences. Sometimes it just can't work out if the differences are major. Yeah you are right that marrying for the wrong reasons is definitely not a good thing to do. Sorry to hear about your brother and that your marriage didn't work out. I can see how you felt it was the right thing to do at the moment tho.

On a lot of things, yes, we are definitely opposites. Our communication styles are fairly different so that can lead to some issues. On a lot of other things, though, we click so well that it's amazing. I think that's a pretty decent mix to have, even if it drives me nuts a times.

I would say so. I don't want to date someone exactly like me. I want someone who is different and will inspire me to do great things. He is more extroverted and has the qualities that I wish I had.

Yes me and my hubby are two different people. I love just staying at home. I love to have my kids friends coming and talking with all of them. My hubby likes to go out and spend time with the buddies, fixing cars, fixing that. I prefer my girlfriends coming to my house. I really like being home bound where my hubby loves to be out.

They say opposites attract and I think that sometimes when you are different...you complement each other and I think could be more powerful together than apart. I think my partner and I are are similar in some ways and so very different in other ways. Just not sure if we can make it work...
I totally agree with you, Lee. Opposites do attract. You don't want to be with someone who's the exact copy of yourself. That will be so boring. But of course, the difference shouldn't be so deep that it will affect the relationship like in areas of religious beliefs and raising children. But even in these areas, people who love one another can find a middle road where they could agree.

Werbung:
In some ways we are alike, in some ways completely different. First of all, I'm very feminine, he is extremely manly. He is courageous, independent, strong and always able to take care of everything. I'm always scared of everything:p But we both enjoy talking, we are both intelligent and cultivated. We understand each other. He makes me feel safe - and so happy!:D

Back