• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Anyone Here Suffer From Ibs?

Snowbaby

Just out of interest, do any of you suffer from IBS? (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, is generally classified as a "functional" disorder. A functional disorder refers to a disorder or disease where the primary abnormality is an altered physiological function (the way the body works), rather than an identifiable structural or biochemical cause. It characterizes a disorder that generally can not be diagnosed in a traditional way; that is, as an inflammatory, infectious, or structural abnormality that can be seen by commonly used examination, x-ray, or blood test.

Irritable bowel syndrome is understood as a multi-faceted disorder. In people with IBS, symptoms result from what appears to be a disturbance in the interaction between the gut or intestines, the brain, and the autonomic nervous system that alters regulation of bowel motility (motor function) or sensory function.

Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by a group of symptoms in which abdominal pain or discomfort is associated with a change in bowel pattern, such as loose or more frequent bowel movements, diarrhea, and/or constipation.

Source[/b]

Werbung:
I have suffered from it greatly... for about 2 years. Doctors thought i had an ulcer, couldnt eat anything fatty.... anything hot..... anything... well it was almsot anything but salad.

For some reason I went through this for years, had colonoscopies and all these tests.... they thoughrt it was IBS, or possibly an ulcer... but the problem slowly got better.... and now im fine again...

So.... they tell me it was IBS.. it lasted 24 months until the symptoms suddenly lessened.... I never want to have that problem again.... I lost a lot of weight through not being able to eat in the end
<

Werbung:
Back