• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Age difference

Millz

Okay, I turned 16 in May and my boyfriend turned 20 in January. We have been going out for just over one month and I couldn't be happier. But some people think the age difference is too weird so I just thought I'd ask everyone what they think :rolleyes:

Werbung:
Glad to hear that you're going so good with your boyfriend :)
As long as you two feel so good together, there's nothing to be afraid of.
Honestly, I think that your age difference is pretty good :)

The age difference would only be problem because technically, you're still underage. 4 years isn't a bad age difference, so don't get me
wrong in that aspect, my fiance and I have 9 years between us, and it's no secret that we mature faster than men. But 16 is still a little
young to be partaking in an adult relationship. If it's meant to be, and he was as special as you seem to think he is, he could wait for you
for 2 years. Depending on where you live, the difference between 16 and 20 years could be bars, i.e., jail time.

Honestly it depends on the person. My best friend in high school started dating her brother's best friend while we were still in the 8th grade. I think there is 9 years between them so it was a big issue. They got married as soon as she graduated high school and have been happily married ever since. I think if he is willing to keep it to a level you are comfortable with and his is willing to let you still have the "childhood" (not to insinuate that you still are a child) years and not let the relationship go too fast, your age difference won't be that big of a deal. Of course it still requires the sign off of your parents so make sure to allow them in on it. You are still their daughter no matter how old you get.

I don't think it's necessarily the age difference than it is -your- age specifically. Four years isn't that much apart, but you're still rather young and it means a lot more at that age group.

The age difference isn't too terrible. My husband is 43 and I am 24. We get along better than the average couple and we have so much in common. The only thing I would be concerned with is that you are still a minor. Technically you are under your parent's roof so it is their rules. If they are okay with it and you are happy, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think it's the age difference that matters at the moment, but your age as you've mentioned that you are 16. Although I must admit, I used to date a 27 year old guy when I was 15. We were together for 2 years. Unfortunately, there are inevitable instances that he would demand more from me than I could ever give which is why people do tend to worry about age difference.

If you're having fun, that's fine. But remember, if he asks you of something you don't want to give or if you feel that your principles are starting to bend for him, then that's the time to end the relationship.

The age difference would only be problem because technically, you're still underage. 4 years isn't a bad age difference, so don't get me
wrong in that aspect, my fiance and I have 9 years between us, and it's no secret that we mature faster than men. But 16 is still a little
young to be partaking in an adult relationship. If it's meant to be, and he was as special as you seem to think he is, he could wait for you
for 2 years. Depending on where you live, the difference between 16 and 20 years could be bars, i.e., jail time.

I have to agree with Chavaun. I was in a relationship back at 13 and the boyfriend was 20. My mother wouldn't give me the benefit of the doubt and we couldn't go anywhere. I later saw what he really wanted two years later and gave him the boot. At 16, the father to my daughter is six years older than me. He was patient to wait for me until I turned 18. Go forward 16 years and my daughter ended up in the same situation. She found someone she really was into but, alas, he was six years older. I said no and wouldn't budge on the issue. The guy walked away when he saw I was protecting her like hell. She got mad but I didn't want to have to see history repeat itself.

After this, my next relationship resulted in someone 33 years older than me and we lasted for 10 years until he died. The next love, and my greatest love at that, was 17 years older than me. He passed away on August 10, 2010. The love I have now is 10 years older than I. I have to say though that I don't go looking for love. It finds me and smacks me in the face.

Werbung:
Like everyone had said, it's not the age difference that is really the issue here but it's the fact that you're just 16 which makes you a minor. And your boyfriend could get into trouble if he tries anything on a minor. He could go to jail. So just make sure that your boyfriend knows what he's getting himself into.

Back