1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

A Happy Wall

Discussion in 'Fun Time' started by Potholer, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Potholer

Potholer Active Member

I had an idea a while ago to make a Happy Wall.

A Happy Wall is a section of a wall on which you stick things that make you genuinely smile/laugh.

I came up with it when I realised how many unhappy thoughts I constantly have whirling round my head and the scary thought that I'm not actually that much of a positive thinker - I just put on a positive front to help others be happy. So, to happy myself up and help me remember the good times, I created a happy wall.

On it, I've got things like, summaries of good days I've had (just enough to bring on the memories), stories my friends have written me, sweet messages....If I ever feel particularly sad, I visit my wall and have a good read.

I thought of putting this in the teens section cos, heck, making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel and we need all the help we can get to dodge but, really, we all need a few reminders of why life is so darn good.

If you haven't got enough wall space for a happy section, you could have a Happy Notebook. Or something.

The other one is that, at the end of the week, you write down a few things that made you genuinely smile or laugh during the week. Kind of like your very own Natural Highs.

So yes, just an idea [​IMG]

2. thistle

thistle New Member

Wow P! you a clever bunny you know that?. I hereby declare this thread to be girlpower's happy wall. So get posting all those happy thoughts,

[​IMG]