• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

A great quote I found

lp011

"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."- Elizabeth Asquith Bibesco

I tend to give without forgetting and I know this is a bad habit of mine. I am slowly trying to change that but I know it takes time. What does this quote mean to you?

Werbung:
I think give without remembering means give without waiting something in return. And also give from our hearts that we should not make that person feel he owe something from us.
And when we receive something, we should always be grateful for it.

I have to agree with Zararina. I think she pretty much covered the meaning of the quote. These days, only a few tend to give without expecting anything in return. And we focus more on ourselves rather than to think of other's welfare. This should be changed in my views, and it should start with us. Then for sure, in the future the world will be a better place to live in.

Isn't that the truth? I hate when someone does something for you, and then they have to mention it and remind you over and over. It makes me feel like never excepting anything from anyone no matter what the intention is, because I don't want to hear about it afterwards. I guess you can see I have had a bad experience or two with this. Come on people, if you give, give with your heart, not so you can gain something or remind the person over and over. Otherwise, just don't give at all.

Werbung:
My favorite quote is

"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

Back