• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Why Do Bad Things .......

thistle

I had a phonecall this morning from a fellow store manager asking if I had a spare member of staff that could work at her store in the afternoon ....

I said "well no not really, I've a lot of work to do to get ready for our delivery 2morro" .....

She started crying
<

Now she has only just been promoted to store manager so on top of getting used to having her own store to run (as oppose to being deputy), she's thrown in the deep end just as we are preparing for Xmas which is stressful for ALL of us. She suffered a miscarriage 2 months ago which she is still getting over..........her best friend just told her that she is pregnant (which obviously hit a nerve) and her boyfriend dumped her last night !!!

What could I do??? I had to send my deputy manager to work up there which left me and one other girl to cover my store ALL day..........but OMG ! I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't helped her out.

She is such a lovely girl as well, she doesn't deserve all this
<

I'm going to phone a woman from HO 2morro who helped me out a LOT for my first Xmas. Don't get me wrong, this woman can be a bitch ! and first time she came to my store she almost had me in tears because she was so critical BUT at the same time when she saw me stressing because 25 things needed done she was the first to say "Forget that you have 25 things to do ....... pick one and complete it THEN think about the next thing and if you still have 10 things to do at home time then you can do them 2morro". So Flo (affectionately known as "the wicked Witch of the West" will hopefully get down to see this girl and take some pressure off her because she desperately needs a hand and I just don't have the staff to keep sending people to her
<

I hope she get's through this ok because if she can keep her sanity through the Xmas Madness on top of everything else she is going to find this job plain sailing ........she can do it easily but at the moment she is talking about resigning
<

Werbung:
Well, I for one think that was a very nice thing you did today, even though it left your store short, you gave up a pair of hands to help releive another person's anxiety.

Be proud of yourself girl!!

Aww poor girl.
<

She'll get through it, but jeez, what a bunch of nasty bumps in the road for her. It's nice that you're doing what you can though.
<

poor girl, i dunno how you guys cope working in retail, its a thankless task and they treat you like dirt, last summer i decided after years in retail enough was enough, so i just left, i now work for a credit card company doing admin and i love it, get out before its too late, youre obviously wasted in there if there sending you to sort other people out!!

Werbung:
Good for you Jay,

Thing is that I LOVE my job ! I can understand what you are sayimg about retail but where I live although it is a fairly large town there is still a village mentality about it ie: I KNOW my customers! day in and day out I see the same faces coming in and buying the same things lol, I know a lot of my customers by name and they all make me giggle (we have some very norty old ladies down my way). So I may work a for a chain of chemist shops but MY store is very much an old fashioned village shop where the old dears come in and hand over their shopping lists at the counter and we will do the gathering for them lol.

I have very very few horrible customers like the stores in larger cities and I wouldn't change a thing about it
<

Back