• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Who taught you about periods?

Quirky Jessi

Did your mom sit you down and talk about it? Did you have one of those sessions in school where they talk about female reproduction and body cycles? Did you hear about it from friends or books before either of those happened?

Werbung:
Definitely sex ed in primary school. My parents NEVER mentioned it. I think they just assumed we'd learn. And also, there were a lot of stories and rumours going around about people's experiences with their period and stuff.

My mother did. There's no such a subject in Greek schools. (I wish there'll be, though, someday)

For me it was both actually. My mother signed for the presentations in school and when I got to that point myself, she told me what I really needed to know. Schools are not really responsible for teaching about this anyways.

My mum never talked about having period or reproduction. I learn this from school. A nurse came to our school and we had the boys out of the class and the nurse would tell us about what to do when we get our period. But even after the talk, I was really flustered when I had my first period. I didn't know I was bleeding. I kept changing my panties because I thought I had stained it until my mom asked me what I was doing and she gave me a pad.

My period was already on my third or last day when we all realised I'm actually having my first monthly period :p . My mother wasn't there (she lives on another country back then) and so it was my nanny who confirmed that it was indeed period blood. I wasn't surprised, somehow I was expecting it, but I didn't know what exactly it would look like.

Oh boy! I got my first period earlier than my older two sisters and earlier than my mom had expected. I was only 9 and at school and no one in the nurse's office was prepared. If I remember correctly, one of the secretaries told me the story while another secretary or teacher ran to the store and bought me my first pads. They were HUGE! The whole thing was embarrassing. At one point during "the talk," the Shamrock delivery man came in and needed a signature for dropping off our school milk and heard a good chunk of what was happening. It was like something out of a movie. By the time I got home and my mom had heard about it, she asked if I had any questions. In typical embarrassed kid fashion, I ran to my room yelling, "No thanks. I know everything and don't want to talk about any of it. EVER!" It was terrible at the time, but these days I'm able to laugh at the whole thing.

My Mom talked to me about it. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect tho. I remember getting into her pads when I was younger and I was told what they were for. We also learned about it in sex ed, but my Mom was the first to tell me.

No one did. I just figured it out by myself. When I first had my period, my mother was overseas. I only had my dad with me and he was still sleeping. I went to my cousin and asked for a pad. I took a bath and did what has to be done.

I learned in school. We had a big meeting with all the girls and they showed us a cartoon movie about getting your period. My mom was an LVN (nurse) and she didn't talk to us three girls about it. She talked about having sex and that's how babies are developed. She never talked about anything else.

Getting my first period was the most traumatic day of my life. I was not prepared, as I got it quite early. My mom thought she still had time to give me the talk...and school had not addressed it yet. I got it when I had just turned 9.

I also got it the night that we went to carnival, I went on some crazy rides, that made me feel quite ill when I got off. When we got home, I went to the toilet...and there I saw *blood*....aaaah, I immediately became convinced that I was dying. Called my mom to the bathroom to say farewell etc...- just to find out the truth.

I will never forget that day for as long as I live. (-:

I first learned about it in school, discussed in our Science class. My Mom just added more information about it when I started having my period. I had it in the summer and discussed it with friends the following school year :)

We had the movie and talk in elementary school. They had all of the guys and their parents one day and the other day they had all the girls and their parents. After the movie and talk at school, my mom talked to me about it. She wasn't very comfortable at all talking about it.

As a parent, I wanted it to be more comfortable for my daughter so I was the one to try to talk to her about it first, but she was pretty embarrassed and didn't want to talk about it or have anything to do with it.

I learned about it from a subject in school.
Topic is about female reproduction and body cycles in Science subject. And I also discussed it with some of my girl friends before. ;)

Werbung:
Back