• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Whiten teeth

I have read about using it for bee stings. Have not tried it myself. I have used it as a paste for little ones with chicken pox.

Werbung:
I would like to try baking soda to whiten my teeth. Kernow why did you say it is bad for your teeth? I have been looking for a way to lighten my teeth and I have some baking soda in the kitchen.

Baking soda is an amazing ingredient. I know that there are many uses for baking soda but I didn't know that it's capable of whitening teeth. I'm going to have to try this home remedy and see if it can lighten my yellowing teeth and my husband's smoke-stained teeth.

Rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide will also help whiten your teeth. A small amount in a glass of water will do the trick. I don't like the taste, but it has done wonders for my teeth. My mouth feels fresher too.

I use baking soda sometimes, too. I don't like using harsh chemicals on my teeth. Teeth aren't intended to be perfectly white in the first place, so when people bleach them that way, it's just stripping the good stuff from their teeth.

I agree with Jessi. Baking soda is the way to go. Using chemicals and other whiteners on your teeth is just very harmful for them. Every time you whiten them whiten them with chemicals you are taking a layer of enamel off. Even dentists these days are suggesting baking soda as a whitener.

I'm so happy that I found this thread:D . I was looking for a natural and delicate method of whitening my teeth and I think that baking soda will be perfect for me. I'll definitely give it a try soon:)

I will definitely try brushing with baking soda. However, I already rinse with hydrogen peroxide and I wonder if using both of them will put too much pressure on my teeth. Perhaps i will give the hydrogen peroxide a break and try baking soda and see how that goes...Thank you for the share.

I will definitely try brushing with baking soda. However, I already rinse with hydrogen peroxide and I wonder if using both of them will put too much pressure on my teeth. Perhaps i will give the hydrogen peroxide a break and try baking soda and see how that goes...Thank you for the share.

You can mix the two together to create a paste to brush with.

If you notice that your teeth are sensitive or your gums are irritated by it, though, then I would recommend only using one or the other.

I've tried baking soda in the past and was happy with the results... but then I just started sticking with the whitening toothpastes. I have to say that I've never seen much of a difference with those, though, so I should go back to the soda.

As for peroxide, that's interesting. I've heard of it being used for gum disease but it's good to hear of other uses, too.

Has anyone had any luck with the expensive strips?

Werbung:
Yes, I have tried this. Good point. Baking soda can be used for a lot of things, and it helps you save money. Another thing to try occasionally is peroxide. It especially works for smokers and coffee-drinkers. I am not either, but I love tea. I drink everything through a straw to avoid contact with my teeth. You can use peroxide sparingly, only for special occasions like picture-taking or maybe once a month to prevent sensitivity, along with flossing. I get many compliments because of this technique. Baking soda is safer to use more often, and you can use peroxide sporatically inbetween this use.

Back