• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What is your secret or not so secret term for your period/menstruation?

QuatreHiead

For example, I tend to call mines "squishy."

I wish I could take credit for it, however I got it from a very, very clever friend. She described how it just accurately reflected how she felt and all the awful parts of it. I couldn't help but agree as I considered all the bloated feelings and.... well, I'll censor there and not get into the nastiness of sanitary napkins and all.

Werbung:
I just used the word/term I "have" for it.
Or just the common term which is "period". I do not have any unique or strange term to call it. ;)

I don't have a special name. I just call it my period. I used to say, it's that time of the month.

I call it 'The Visitor', "Little Red Riding Hood' and 'Menses'(which is a bit more technical). But I usually just say that my visitor has arrived so I have less time and energy to attend to others....it is a fair warning and I am not a happy camper at this time of the month.

I don't really say anything special for mine. I try to joke about it to make light of it so I may say something like "this week is no good" or I just call it my period. I have heard it called Aunt Flow before and many other names!

Lol.....Well I have heard a girlfriend of mine calling it "Riding The Cotton Pony".....ie:- Relating to tampons of course.

As for me, its either "Time Of The Month" or quite simply "My Period".

I just call it a period, or that time of the month. I don't really name it since it is the death of me during those days of rolling over the sofa and crying due to cramping/pms

Nice! I like the "riding the cotton pony" one! I can't say I have ever heard that one before. I know there was a pad commercial that had this thing for playing with the "Mother Nature's monthly gift" idea. I always wondered how many people called it something like that in reality. I guess not so many anymore. An older term my mother said that is like "riding the cotton pony" (although not nearly as funny) is "I'm on the rag." I can't imagine those days of not being able to afford store made feminine products.... So gross and so unfortunate. Then again, perhaps it would be cheaper to go back to the rag mentality. But probably not very pleasant I imagine.

I also like "Little Red Riding Hood" that's a cute one too. XD

Thanks for the input on this one ladies!

Then again, perhaps it would be cheaper to go back to the rag mentality. But probably not very pleasant I imagine.

Actually, there IS a shift to that. As part of the "going green" mentality, a lot of people have switched back to cloth napkins. They either buy them or make them themselves, though, and then wash them.

I just call it my 'monthly'. That's it, no visitor or whatever added, just monthly. I'm a bit unoriginal when it comes to names though so....

My teenager calls it her period. I don't see a reason to call it cute names or whatever because we all know what it is & why we have it.

I use to always say I have my friend, or it is that time of the month. Before it would come I would say my visitor is on its way. When I got it I would say my friend has landed. It is 2 years since I had my friend. If do not miss my friend.

Lol! Lucky you then. That's a friend I wouldn't miss either. What's the reason for your break? Birth control? Childbirths? Menopause?

I am probably a lot older than you. I went through menopause March 2010. That was my last period. I did not even know I had gone through the change. My Doctor told me. I said I did? Yahoooo! Good bye to my friend.

I do not have a special name for it..it's just my period. Unless I want to gross the men out at work then I think of the most disgusting thing I can. But that's what happens when you say to the females "you can longer bring your purses in to the building,the sanitary supplies must be kept in the office." If they want to keep my tampons locked up because of some stupid stuff, then I will make their stomachs churn.

Sorry I got quite bitter of a recent change at work...

Werbung:
When I was younger my friends and I would say that 'aunt helen was visiting.' I wonder if other people every thought it was strange that we all had an aunt helen!

Back