• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Wearing Socks Outside :)

Jessica1212

Ever since I was little, I've LOVED walking around outside in white socks! :) I'm really not sure why, it's just fun and comfortable. I've worn them around the neighborhood, at the park, even grocery stores and Target! :D Yes, they get dirty and I've ruined a lot of pairs, but socks are cheap and it's worth the comfort.

Does anyone else enjoy doing this too? Where have you gone in socks without shoes, and what are the funniest places you've done it? Let's hear your sock stories! :cool:

Werbung:
I have worn socks in the grass before and I agree it does feel really good but I don't do it anymore. I can't imagine walking around town though with just socks on. I would be too afraid of stepping on somthing and having to have a tetanus shot! I do tend to wear socks around the house with my flip flops on. :p

Oh my word. Your mom must have had a tough time doing your laundry! Lol. My brother loves white socks and yeah, my mom was not too happy about that although I never saw him prancing outside in it. Cute. No, I have a thing for walking around barefeet which seems to really freak out those closest to me. I just love the feel of fresh earth on my feet...

Thanks for the interesting read (-:.

I don't even know anybody who OWNS white socks - unless it's to wear to the gym! They are a real fashion no-no in the UK. I would DIE if a guy turned up for a date with me in white socks. I would bin him off there and then - no question about it!

I could never do this only because I HATE when my socks get wet! When I am home and step in spilled water on the kitchen/ bathroom floor I get so mad as silly as it sounds. LOL I now wear just slippers when I am home so I do not ruin my socks.

No, I have never worn socks outside without shoes. Nope. I do own white socks, but I do wear them with sneakers when I working out or walking. I do walk in my home in socks with no shoes. They help keep my feet warm.

@Jloves: I hate when my socks get wet too! If a small amount of water. Yuck!

I absolutely hate it when the girls (any of them, even the teenager still does it) go outside in just their socks! I'd rather they were barefoot or they took the time to slip on their shoes. Since we all wear skater shoes (those are hard to find in little kid sizes, let me tell you!) it is really easy to slide the shoes on. They are all just too lazy to do it!

Me personally... I hate wearing socks. They make my feet feel weird, like I can't feel things properly. Of course, in my house, that may be a good thing sometimes. LOL

I do it, hehe. I actually prefer to be completely barefoot, but if I'm already headed outside and have socks on, then I don't want to put on shoes. I'd rather ruin a sock or two than have to wear shoes. I know it's not practical, but I prefer to not have stuff on my feet at all.

I have done this too, especially when I was little. Wearing socks outside does feel so comfortable. I am not sure that I would go out in public doing this however. I would be afraid that I would get funny looks if I went into a store with socks on. I try not to do this as much anymore as I did when I was young because I can't afford buying new socks every week.

I do it, hehe. I actually prefer to be completely barefoot, but if I'm already headed outside and have socks on, then I don't want to put on shoes. I'd rather ruin a sock or two than have to wear shoes. I know it's not practical, but I prefer to not have stuff on my feet at all.
Hi Jessi, I knew I wasn't the only one! :) Where do you usually go in socks without shoes? Anywhere interesting? :cool:

I have done this too, especially when I was little. Wearing socks outside does feel so comfortable. I am not sure that I would go out in public doing this however. I would be afraid that I would get funny looks if I went into a store with socks on. I try not to do this as much anymore as I did when I was young because I can't afford buying new socks every week.
I really don't get many strange looks at all. Most people don't even notice, or don't care. On the rare occasion when someone does say something, I just say "I didn't feel like wearing shoes!" and they just smile and say that it looks comfortable! Dashboardc33, you should try it in the grocery store, Target or WalMart and let us know what happens! I dare ya! :D

I wear socks just when I was in bed and it was too cold.
Have not tried that outdoor and I do not think it will be a good idea here.

[/IMG] thumbs up Good luck!

I've never worn just socks and no shoes outside. It would be kind of inconvenient if I all of a sudden decided to go to the park or go somewhere where you couldn't really go without shoes. Isn't it slippery at the grocery store without shoes? I sometimes wear flip flops with socks if that counts lol.

Werbung:
Hi Jessi, I knew I wasn't the only one! :) Where do you usually go in socks without shoes? Anywhere interesting? :cool:

Maybe it's a Jessica thing!

And I don't know. I just take my shoes off whenever possible, so that means anywhere outside, my car, the creek, etc. I've taken my shoes off while in a store before, too, especially if they're hurting my feet.

Back