• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Talking to parents/kids

Zynni

Are you able to speak openly with your parents (or with your kids, if you are the parent)? Has communication between generations become better or worse, in your opinion? Maybe you think it's about the same. Do you think it will always be an issue, or do you think with sex education and other "social issues" being openly discussed in schools that it will also lead to more frank discussion in homes?

Werbung:
To me personally I am not one to talk about my sex life, I am an adult and didn't lose my virginity until I was 19. But I wouldn't tell my mom that I just don't know how she would handle it. (she would like me to save myself for marriage) In the years I think that being open with the older generation. I hope its not always an issue because in the future I would like my kids to be open with me and my husband about things like that and my husband and I are both going to have the "sex talk" with our kids. We want to have an open environment with them.

Werbung:
I have always been open speaking to my parents about most things, I know what I can and cannot talk about, but that's more about me and my honesty. I won't discuss things that will give them heart attacks as both have heart conditions, so I do think you have to be wary of things like that.

I'm not being extreme, as my brother has caused my dad to have two strokes in what he has said, so sometimes it's better not to say some things.

Back