• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Summer Break is coming soon... how to keep a teen busy?

Zynni

Soon the kids will be out of school. The first week or so is fine, since they seem to find plenty to do. After a bit, they get bored and seem to stay bored.

Do you guys have any ideas for helping keep a teen entertained (or at least busy) during the summer months?

Werbung:
It depends on the teen and what they enjoy? These days there are plenty of camps where they can learn new skills, weekly ones or day ones. Most want to be with their friends and to do things. I feel it's a good idea for parents to take it in turns with days out or rides to activities.

Maybe do things around the house, like painting and gardening too for some pocket money? That's always an incentive.

Those are good ideas. I think offering a few "jobs" to earn some extra cash could work. I'd also like to do something fun with her.

Yeah, she's not going to want to hang out with Mom all the time, but I plan to get at least some time with her. Too soon, she'll be off to college.

How old is she? Most teens already have plans and just don't tell their parents until they are about to happen so they can't say 'no'. I guess you can also do some baking together and either give the cookies and cakes away or donate them to shelters or similar places nearby?

Werbung:
Ha, that won't work. I can still say no, if necessary.

That's a nice idea. Maybe I'll suggest it.

I'm thinking maybe I'll find us some projects to work on. She's creative (and I consider myself to be as well).

Back