• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Starting College In Sept...omg! =[

jason

so i'm well....very scared lol

i went for an interview last thursday and it's a massive place. so i was wondering, could someone please tell me what college is really like? because i don't have a clue
<

Werbung:
Im sure it will be fine. I would think the main difference will be, at school the teachers actually try to make you wokr so the grades make the school look good, and increase its reputation and funding.... whereas at college... its all up to you..... So you need to make sure you keep yourself working hard....

So this is college like university? I always get confused...college is high school here..

College is fanTASTIC. Subby's right. It's all self-motivated really. You go to lectures, take notes, do readings and that jazz. I recommend doing your readings. I made the mistake this semester of not doing them, assuming I'd be fine but, well, I didn't count on having less than 2 weeks study time for my exams. I'm doing 2nd year psychology and it's pretty darned cool I gotta say. I did a third year paper this semester about sorting middens and practical archaeological skills!! It was awesome. I can now identify a number of bones and shell species haha.

It's a lot less personal than school. But heaps of fun. You meet so many new and amazing people and there's the whole independent thing - don't be too nervous! Are you staying at home or going to a hall of residence?

I'm starting college this fall, so I can relate, but my campus isn't very big compared to most & I'm scared too, but I'm sure I'll get thru it, & u will 2.

It's november! Hows the college life treating you?? My year just finished and my goodness I do believe I've bombed....still waiting on marks though...

Really?? Because I loved high school & so far I HATE college!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've made friends & what not fine but no really good friends that I can tell anything too. My two best friends moved away & I hardly see them but I do still keep in touch which is good. but as for my classes I'm doing pretty good 2 A's a B & a D (probably anyway, if I'm lucky I'll get a C). I hate that class, he gets confused everyday. Not good with Chemistry. I was supposed to have someone really good but they changed it last minute. funny thing is I'm getting an A in lab & am doing terrible in lecture. But the classes are pretty boring because the classes I have I pretty much took in high school so it's all a review. But.....there's a brief summary of how college is going for me.
<

*hug*

You in a hall of residence? It's ok, you can't expect a full fledged friendship in 2 months...or maybe you can? I remember the first few weeks every conversation was "what are you studying? What are your favourite movies? What music do you like?" It was a while before I found people I fit in with, though I had people I could at least hold a real conversation with.

Mmm least you'll know everything real well? You're gonna get some crap lecturers, but you'll also get some fantastic ones. I think one of my favourite lecturers was for a subject I just did for interest, which is kinda gutting heh.

Don't worry, it'll get better
<
. Just don't think about what you're missing, and think about all you have got.

Werbung:
No, I'm not staying at a hall of residence, I'm living at home. my college is part of a metroversity thing, but we don't have any dorms, they're supposed to get some. And even tho I hate driving so much, I won't be staying in them since I only live like 30 min away. Well, it's been three months, but it's true that you can't expect a really great friendship over that short time. But the thing is I hardly see anyone outside of school & I just miss how everything use to be.

Back