• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Smoking Drivers The New Road Safety Target

Should smoking whilst driving, be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters

GossipQueen

A new edition of the Highway Code - revised for the first time in eight years - has been published today, with an additional 42 pages containing 29 more rules and a new section aimed at novice drivers.

The new edition has also been updated to include new legislation that has been introduced since the last edition in 1999, covering vehicle emissions and smoking in vehicles that are work places, as well as the provision of new stopping/directing powers to VOSA and Highways Agency Traffic Officers.

Read More

Take part in our poll... do you think smoking should be banned whilst driving??

Werbung:
No way! When I smoke, one of my favourite things to do is smoke and sing to some country rock.
<

And I'm still 10x a better driver than most of those idiots out there!!!

I'm a bit "middle of the road" on this one. Why should a smoker be allowed to do something other than drive... but if I was to eat an apple whilst driving I could be stopped and charged...?

I heard a radio interview with someone who stated "smoking whilst driving helps me to concentrate"... if she needs to smoke in order to concentrate on driving, my opinion is, she shouldn't be driving.

But at the same time, I don't see how having a ciggie would make a p erson a dangerous driver... I dunno.

It really doesn't impair or improve your driving, unless you're one of those people who can't even chew gum and walk (and we know there's a lot of those).

Ughhh I shouldn't have checked this thread again...

*craves ciggie*

Well, if they are going to ban smoking, they should ban passengers, and the radio playing while driving...and street signs, and billboards, all that stuff is distracting...

Seriously, Snowbaby, you can't eat and drive over there? Our cars are our dining rooms over here, LOL! Not mine, I live far far away from restaurants and stores, but still...

Yeh I recall a news article here bout a year or so ago about a girl who was fined for eating an apple whilst driving. I'm not quite sure how "illegal" it is... if at all. But it was deffo in the newspaper about her getting charged.

I have one of those radio controlling steering wheels. THAT seems like it would distract me more than just reaching down and turning the knob...

As for the cigarettes while driving, I think I'm OK, except for whgen it's time to find the ash tray...
<

The question is...is it more dangerous to let Tiggs smoke, or is it more dangerous to not let Tiggs smoke. For 5 hours. In Traffic Jam after Traffic Jam after Traffic Jam.

Or, to paraphrase Han Solo "Let the Wookie Smoke".

What about letting off steam when driving, that'll be banned soon too, and we'll all spontaneously combust
<

Werbung:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chantilly @ Oct 5 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The window is my ashtray!

... what? I don't want cigarettes in my CAR.
<
[/b]
I can't do that in the summer here. I live deep in the woods, so a cigarette tossed out the window could start a fire that could turn huge! BUT, it's raining again today! So, the wondow it is!!!

Back