• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Shaving or Waxing?

Zynni

I recently tried a new do-it-yourself waxing product that you use at home, but oh my. It said it was so easy, but um, not so much. I can't imagine how much skin I tore off. It was a nightmare.

So, I guess I'll stick to shaving. Any recommendations for a good razor?

Do you wax, shave, or use some other hair removal product?

Werbung:
I used to never shave, alternating between wax and epilation cream. My first few times with wax as a young girl were horrific -- legs burned and red skin because I put it too hot on my legs! Also, the spreading and the stickiness... Now, I basically just use cold wax stripes. Less messy, easier to use and to transport, etc. I like 'em because my legs stay smooth a while (vs shaving, where they get prickly a few days after!), but I know I have to watch for ingrown hair after.

When I do shave, I just use free razor samples or whatever cheap razor... or my bf's. It works wonder, and I'm not too difficult on that front.

I use a good old fashioned bic razor because it works, it's cheap and it's fast. I've tried waxing, but waiting is unpleasant and using creams is fine, but I don't like the idea of too many chemicals on my skin.

I do find it more practical and when you travel it's easier to carry around.

Oh, I was waxing the other day -- cold wax stripes even -- and I riped out some of my skin.

New lesson learned, gals. Waxing should not be an option after having tanned skin that starts to get sensitive. It was not peeling on my legs (not yet, though on my arms it was), but apparently, wax was too much for it, even if it was cold. Oh well. At least, since I guess this bit of skin was meant to go soon (it was the only area on my legs where this happened, as I waxed the rest of it for no problem), I guess it was meant to be. Still hurt though!

I shave every day I really just hate the feeling of hair on my legs or underarm. I have tried waxing but find it very unpleasant and can't stand having to wait for the hair to grow long enough for it. I use a Venus razor and I really like it, though if I bought a new one I would buy a men's one because they always have more blades and give you a better shave! I would definitely be open to laser hair removal in the future, just have to get up the courage.

I have always used gilette razor on my legs and it works great just but the thing is that you have to do it very often. So for my bikini area and armpits I prefer to wax, my advice is that your skin has to be dry.. use baby powder so there is not humidity and you have to put a thin layer of wax put the paper immediatly and press with your finges and then pull quickly

Werbung:
I prefer to wax since it lasts longer and I'm a bit lazy...not having to shave in the shower lets me sleep in an extra five minutes! That said, I never do it myself. I've tried it a few times, and it always ends up a disaster with wax stuck all over me and patches of hair left over. I have a girl I see once a month for a brazilian and leg wax, and I take care of my underarms myself since it only takes a minute.

For me the best part about waxing is that the more you do it, the lighter your hair grows in. One day I'd like to get electrolysis on my legs and bikini area so I don't have to think about it anymore, but it's so expensive and I'm very pale so I'd probably have to go back for multiple sessions.

Back