• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Saying Goodbye To A Long Time Friend

Nautica

It was kind of funny. I have known this guy Dana for about 15 years, back when he was married, then after the divorce when he dated a good friend of mine. He has always lived in the town of Occidental, where I worked for 10 years, and used to hang out all the time. We have always been friends. I have always thought he was hot, and this walk he had (yes, had, but I'll get to that soon enough) was just the sexiest thing ever.

Well, for some reason, this summer, we had gotten closer. I don't work in that town any more, haven't for years now, but Dana loved to golf, and I work at the local bar on a golf course, so I saw him all the time. He became friends with the locals where I work now, so he was around a lot.

My friends and co-workers were on this thing for a while, to fix me up with Dana. It was kind of embarrassing, but funny too. Like I said, I had always thought he was hot, but we had been FRIENDS for so long, I was a little creeped out by the thought.

Well, we got drunk on Memorial Day weekend, no we got SMASHED!!! He stayed here, where we talked for a long time, and I think were supposed to hook up, but we were way too drunk, LOL!! So it didn't happen. And one time, he stopped by here out of the blue one night with a 6 pack of beer, and we sat here and had a couple. THEN...(dun dun DUNNNNN!!!) came the night that we were going to meet in Occidental. My friend, his ex girlfriend, was there, getting irritated Dana was flirting with this girl, trying to make the ex jealous. He was actually just talking to the girl, and waiting for ME, but whatever...

A few of us went to another friend's house to hot tub and swim in the pool, and after a couple of hours, it ended up being just Dana and myself. Soooo, we went to his place, and stuff. That's where I met his wild doggie, who now lives with me, since the accident.

I know that I am just rambling, remembering a good friend, but does anyone think there is a reason that this summer, of all summers, we got close? It goes back to that Fate thing...maybe Fate knew that we were going to lose Dana, so he was around more? I don't know. It was just a one time thing, and we were still excellent friends, but I started dating my current guy in the middle of July...

But a few weeks ago, I got a call. Dana had been on his way home from golfing in a town near us on his motorcycle. That's another thing, he had rigged this thing on his motorcycle so he could carry his golf clubs, it was awesome. But there was a terrible accident, and that's just what it was, no one was drunk or anything. He was taken to the hospital, and he was there for a few weeks, and he died Tuesday afternoon. Massive head injuries.

I will miss him, but I am thankful that we had gotten closer, that I got to know him just a little bit better. But I am happy for him, he would rather be gone than incapacitated. So, last night, a few of us were at this bar dancing, and Dana used to show up there on Thursdays too, and my friend and I had a shot in Dana's honor, than danced our butts off. I will have sad times, but dang it! I will remember Dana and smile. To do anything but would dishonor him...

Hey, thanks for listening, or reading, as the case may be...

Werbung:
I'm so sorry to read this. You must be devastated
<

Yeah, as everyone was trying to ba all sad last night, I was the one saying, "You know what? You don't get to meet someone like him every day." I don't wanna hear the sad, I wanna think of the happy...and I will. I am glad that I got to know him...

*hugs*

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier Nautica..

I'm sorry you lost your friend especially when you were getting closer to him but what I really wanted to say was...

I am in awe of your whole outlook on life at this minute, I'm sure Dana would be delighted that you are choosing to remember him and be happy as oppose to being sad that he is not around anymore. I just hope that when my time comes that my friends take the same outlook and I completely agree with you that NOT to smile when you think of someone who is gone is to dishonour them. The happy times are what counts and that is what made his life worth living so well done to you to concentrate on those.

<

Thank you, that was awesome!

I like to think he can see us...that he felt us "cheers" him and he laughed that funny laugh of his...see? I am smiling right now.

Yes, I agree with you, I want people to smile and remember what a dork I am, and happy stuff like that...

Well, today is the day of the funeral. I am dreading it, but want to get it over with. Actually, what I am dreading the most is I have made a decision regarding the dog. I am going to have to take her to the pound today. It is making me very sad, but there is nothing else I can do, I have tried and tried to find her a home where she can run around, and be taught how to behave and all of that, but people hear the words "Pit Bull" and practically run away screaming. My landlord isn't happy with me because the dog is still here, and my cats...they are REALLY mad at me!!! So, she will join the pile of other Pits that no one wants at the pound...and then...well, you know. I am bummed, because this dog has made me laugh sooooooo very much, but Dana's ex-wife doesn't want her, in fact, the doggie drives her nuts, but then again, she lives in an actual neighborhood, not like where I live. The dog is used to the sounds of the 5 other cars the come into the driveway, and doesn't even bark.

So, there it is. I have done my best, and nothing came of it. But then again, I heard yesterday that this doggie got kicked out of obediance school...I can see it...but I love her...Oh well...

Oh, I'm sorry I missed this.

My condolences on the loss of your friend. I too am in absolute awe with your attitude and outlook.

I hope today went well
*hugs*

Werbung:
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that's so awful..time heals all wounds, but don't ever forget him..and you're right, always smile when you think of him.

Back