• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Relationship or Marriage Counseling

Zynni

I don't want to pry, so no need to give too many details, but I'm wondering if anyone here has engaged in relationship of marriage counseling. I haven't, but I think I would if needed. I've seen some programs that look really good, as well as couple's retreats, relationship books, and more. Would you try it if you felt the need? Do you think it helps?

Werbung:
I worked on a retreat once and they ran some couples therapy weekends and it seemed to help, but it is a delicate topic. I handled the bookings and it was always one partner who wanted to be there and the other more reticent. For those who are not good at communicating it can help, but ironically the couple who ran the course and who have written many books chose to have separate bedrooms!

Personally I wouldn't because I would feel that I could handle it myself, a weekend away or holiday can help you focus, because sometimes you have to accept the fact that your lives may be headed in different directions.

I think a lot of people could use a little help when it comes to communication.

I find it interesting that the couple running the show had separate bedrooms. I don't think I'd want to stay married if my husband wanted his own room, lol.

I think a lot of people could use a little help when it comes to communication.

I find it interesting that the couple running the show had separate bedrooms. I don't think I'd want to stay married if my husband wanted his own room, lol.

Well, we were all a bit shocked too as I was booking the rooms and my co-worker said we needed to move someone as we needed another room in the same building. Apparently she said it was his snoring, but it makes you wonder what they do at home? Maybe the key is separate bedrooms. Another couple booked a dorm room which has bunk beds, and I asked if they wanted a double room at no extra charge which the woman said yes to!

Werbung:
I guess people do what works for them, but wow. It just seems so.. foreign, to me. I want to be near my husband, although yeah, the snoring thing can be a pain. I guess it's a good thing I put up with it all these years, because apparently I've started snoring, he says. I guess he rubbed off on me. ;)

Back