• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Pretend you just won the lottery: What do you do now?

Zynni

Well, first I'd have to play the lottery, so I could actually win. Once I've won, I'd pay off any and all debt (which seems to be the common denominator when people are asked this question).

Then, I'd do the following:

-Buy my mom a house
-Buy myself a house
-Invest into a business that the whole family could partake in for the future
-Donate to charity (but not one of the "popular" ones.. too many scandals)

What would you do?

Werbung:
Man, depending on how much the lottery would be...

I mean, I actually don't have debts. But I don't have much capital either. I'd maybe join my mom on her trip through Asia with her family, then visit home. Give a good amount of money to my cousin for his kids (one of which is my goddaughter), buy a house on the beach for my mom on her home island (which I've been promising her since I was a kid), buy a new laptop with a lot of storage space, long battery time but not too heavy)... Find myself a home, invest in my bf's startup, get a huge playground for my hamster. And work on building up a community garden with kitchen etc in the place I'd live, where homeless people could get showers and work in the garden and at the kitchen and all, and people from the neighborhood could drop off the food they have that is about to go bad and learn to cook nutritious and delicious meals etc.

Also, try to fulfill my more intense bucketlist with activities such as skydiving etc.

But I don't actually play the lottery so that might be hard.

Besides the sensible thing of paying off any debts, I would buy a cottage by the beach and live there. I would then buy land and set up a spiritual retreat or maybe a cafe nearby and use that as a means of income.

I have learned to live more simply and not having to worry about money would give you freedom to pursue what you wish without feeling guilty. In my case it would be writing, some say it is a hobby and you can get lucky, but writing takes time and these days luck is part of it, but having the time to write is too.

Besides the sensible thing of paying off any debts, I would buy a cottage by the beach and live there. I would then buy land and set up a spiritual retreat or maybe a cafe nearby and use that as a means of income.

I have learned to live more simply and not having to worry about money would give you freedom to pursue what you wish without feeling guilty. In my case it would be writing, some say it is a hobby and you can get lucky, but writing takes time and these days luck is part of it, but having the time to write is too.

Man... I have time to write and no debts and I am still not writing.
(Well, not writing the big projects -- I write for contracts)

What's wrong with me? O___o

On the other side, the times when I wrote the most was when I was busy with other things and did have debts. So, I don't think you need to win the lottery. If you want to write and if you have a story to get it, you just write. It's a matter of determination is all.

Werbung:
I'd remain calm, because I have already dreamed for a long time what I would do first.
1. Pick out the house
2. Get a brand new car
3. Get them bills out the way
4. Give a little to each family member
5. Help my church out.

Back