• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Presents

Dreek Lass

So if your boyfriend is anything like my mother's boyfriend then he will buy you things for your birthdays and for Christmases that you don't like, don't need, or just do not appreciate.

My mother's boyfriend calls her ungrateful, but I don't actually think that she is. If you tell someone that you want one thing and they get you another, then it is hardly being ungrateful when you make it known that what they got you is not what you wanted.

So as you can see, my mother lets it be know if she doesn't like a gift. Do you?

Werbung:
No, never. The best thing about getting presents from my boyfriend is to see how happy he is when he sees that he made me happy:love:. The present itself is less important.
So I would never tell him that I don't like his gift. I know that he did his best to find something special for me.
Usually, I try to give him little tips to make it easier for him. For example, before my birthday I start talking how much I love earrings:p

No, never. The best thing about getting presents from my boyfriend is to see how happy he is when he sees that he made me happy:love:. The present itself is less important.
So I would never tell him that I don't like his gift. I know that he did his best to find something special for me.
Usually, I try to give him little tips to make it easier for him. For example, before my birthday I start talking how much I love earrings:p

Yes but you know that he did his best to find a gift that would make you happy, whereas my mother knows that her boyfriend did not go out of his way or look for a gift that he knew she would appreciate. She knows that he just bought the first things that he saw or the first thing that popped into his head.

Presents are important to me. My partner needs to know me, and to the point where she can buy me gifts and I actually like them. If any of my partners was to buy me jewelry, then I would be so annoyed.

Yes but you know that he did his best to find a gift that would make you happy, whereas my mother knows that her boyfriend did not go out of his way or look for a gift that he knew she would appreciate. She knows that he just bought the first things that he saw or the first thing that popped into his head.

Presents are important to me. My partner needs to know me, and to the point where she can buy me gifts and I actually like them. If any of my partners was to buy me jewelry, then I would be so annoyed.
But imagine how scary must it be for your partner to buy you gifts. Sometimes, even if you know somebody really well, it still hard to find something perfect. Personally, I'm always terrified when I'm buying a present for my boyfriend. I know that I'm not the best at it, but I want him to be really happy, so I always end up running in panic around the store or spending many days on browsing the internet to find an interesting online store. I already think what to buy him for Christmas:p

But imagine how scary must it be for your partner to buy you gifts. Sometimes, even if you know somebody really well, it still hard to find something perfect. Personally, I'm always terrified when I'm buying a present for my boyfriend. I know that I'm not the best at it, but I want him to be really happy, so I always end up running in panic around the store or spending many days on browsing the internet to find an interesting online store. I already think what to buy him for Christmas:p

I don't expect something perfect, but I just need to be reassured that I am being listened to and that those subtle nuances about me are important enough to my partner for them to store it in their minds, just as I'd be doing with them. If the present was a little off but something that I had wanted, then I would be completely cool with it. But if the present was completely off, I would not be pleased lol. If I am not in a relationship with someone then I will give them money.

Werbung:
I don't expect something perfect, but I just need to be reassured that I am being listened to and that those subtle nuances about me are important enough to my partner for them to store it in their minds, just as I'd be doing with them. If the present was a little off but something that I had wanted, then I would be completely cool with it. But if the present was completely off, I would not be pleased lol. If I am not in a relationship with someone then I will give them money.
I believe that money makes a great gift:) I always get money from my family and I'm happy with it, because at least I know that I'll be able to buy something that I really, really want. A week ago, they gave me some money for my birthday and now, I finally can buy myself a few lovely sweaters. Since winter is getting closer, I really need them:) So yes, getting money is good:)

Back