• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Pregnant At 11 Years Old

Lottie

A CHAIN-SMOKING schoolgirl told last night how she fell pregnant during a drunken romp — at the age of just 11.
The petite youngster found she was expecting after losing her virginity to a teenager during the boozy one-night stand.

Lighting her third roll-up cigarette and watched by her proud 34-year-old mum, she confessed: “I didn’t think I’d get pregnant because it was my first time.

“But I’m really excited and looking forward to being a mum.”

The girl, who is now 12 but cannot be named for legal reasons, is due to become Britain’s youngest mother when she gives birth next month — four months before her 13th birthday.

She comes from a large family in West Lothian and has an eight-month-old brother who will become an UNCLE before he turns one.

Showing her huge baby bump under a cropped white T-shirt and tiny black mini-skirt, the girl added last night: “I can’t wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram.

“I think I’ll be able to cope as I’ve had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

“I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies.

“But I panic and cry if they’re sick and I don’t like giving them a bath because I’m a bit frightened.

“It’s good to know I’ll have my mum here to help me if I need her.”

The youngster had unprotected sex with a boy of 15 in Edinburgh on a night out with pals last August. The father, who cannot be identified, may face legal action.

The girl feared she might be pregnant and visited a doctor three times for tests, but each proved negative.

Only when she bought a supermarket home-testing kit did the truth emerge.

She said: “When I saw the two blue lines, meaning it was positive, I just started crying.

“I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.

“I knew straight away that I couldn’t have an abortion because that’s something I don’t believe in.”

The girl eventually begged a female relative to break the shock news to her mum, who had given birth to a boy of her own just days before.

She said: “I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she’d just had my wee brother. I didn’t really talk to her much at the time, either, so that made things even harder.

“We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room then running away to a friend’s.

“It was really hard, but it’s brought me and my mum closer, which is good.”

The girl’s mother immediately pledged to support her daughter, regardless of what she chose to do with her baby.

The dark-haired youngster said: “My mum’s been great. I knew she’d stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was keeping the baby.

“The social worker suggested I got rid of it or gave it away after it was born, but I’d NEVER do that.”

The girl, who is in only her first year of secondary school, lives in a council flat and began smoking when she was nine.

She still puffs up to 20 ciggies a day, despite being eight months pregnant.

Yesterday she told how she took up drinking at just ten — sometimes downing a potent cocktail of Buckfast and vodka on nights out.

Ex-youngest ... mum Jenny

She said: “I can give up smoking at any time, but I don’t find it affects my pregnancy. I also don’t drink any more.”

The girl has excitedly been converting into a nursery the bedroom she currently shares with her sister.

She has hand-picked rolls of lilac wallpaper covered with pink, purple and silver hearts.

Her most cherished possession — a cuddly teddy bought by her dad — still takes pride of place there.

Stacked against the walls are boxes full of baby goods, including a pram.

The mum-to-be, who is hoping for a boy, went on: “I’m keeping well now that my morning sickness has passed — but I’m worried about getting stretch marks.

“My tummy has got so big I mostly have to wear stretchy clothes. But I still squeeze into my jeans. I love them too much to stop wearing them.”

The girl's parents, who split up several years ago, have vowed to stand by her all the way.

She said: “My mum has come to both my scans with me, which were amazing.

“The first time all I could see was a heartbeat, but then I had a scan at 12 weeks and fell in love with my baby straight away.

“You could see its head and body. It was brilliant.

“I’d like a wee boy as girls are too crabby. I’m not sure what I’ll call him, but I like the name Leo.”

The mum-to-be has quit school after a string of exclusions for fighting with fellow pupils and says she doesn’t want to go back.

Shock ... The Sun after '97 birth

She now takes part in an outreach programme, receiving lessons at a local community centre. But she admitted: “I know I’ll have to face school again eventually.

“I haven’t had a hard time from anybody about the baby yet, but I think a lot of the older pupils will slag me off when I go back.

“My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school.

“I don’t know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I’m not so sure.”

She added: “I’m enjoying being pregnant — even though I get a bit of a sore back and sore ribs.

“I like feeling the baby kicking, but the first time it moved I got a massive fright. I didn’t know what was happening till my mum explained it to me.”

Last night her mum insisted she is looking forward to becoming a gran.

She said: “I’m not ashamed of my daughter at all — in fact, I’m proud of her for keeping her baby.

“I know she’s worried what other people will say. but she can walk out there with her head held high.

“She’s grown up a lot in the last few months.

Source

Werbung:
It says in our papers today that social workers have told her there's a possibility her baby will not go homw with her. It's so sad
<

She's still a "baby" herself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snowbaby @ May 13 2006, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

She's still a "baby" herself.
[/b]

But she was old enough to have sex...sorry hun...I blame her mother...parents should take responsibility for teaching their children sex education from an early age these days...and should also know where their kids are as well.

This poor child obviously has no role model as a mother. how can a 11 year old be allowed to chain smoke 20 aday and afford it, go out at night getting drunk. It's her mother that should be investigated by social workers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (opalflower @ May 15 2006, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's her mother that should be investigated by social workers.[/b]
Absolutely!

I hope that they do take that baby from her.... the poor thing, he would never have a chance if he were to go home with her.
<

The "mother" is a complete junkie and their house is well known in the area for being a drugs den. What chance had the girl got of a decent upbringing when her mother is so wasted on drugs that she doesn't know/care where her daughter is and what she is doing?

I hope they DO take the baby away..................and they should take the eleven year old mother as well.

Werbung:
Thistle , how many familys do we have like that in Scotland ?hundreds if not thousands.

Know doubt there has been situations like this before , but we never get to hear about it .

We see it every weekend , groups of kids , upto 30 strong , ages between 11 and 17 drinking and drug taking up to 12 at night , their parents are either in the house getting wasted or are in the pub getting sozzled , what chance do these kids have of growing up like so called "normall " children.

Back