• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Patrick Stewart about domestic violence

Werbung:
It's sad that then and even now there are people who automatically assume a woman did something wrong and provoked a domestic violence attack. My mother-in-law lived in shame for more than a decade thinking that because she was not "good" enough, she was in a way causing her husband to hit her. Her husband never hit her in front of the children and only in areas that were hidden by her clothes so she was able to hide the state of her relationship. She said that he did not hit her at the start of their marriage only about a decade in. It took her children and me more than 5 years to finally convince her that she was not doing anything wrong and she did not deserve to be someone’s punching bag. It’s great that Patrick Stewart is part of an organization that is urging men to speak up about domestic violence. It definitely helps women realize that it’s not their fault and that men themselves are telling them that the behavior is not normal.

Wow. What a class act he is. That literally brought tears to my eyes. This is what we need, more men to stand up and say it's not okay to put your hands on a woman. There is never an excuse to abuse another person. Kudos to him. I've always liked him, and now I like him even more!

MizzDeeDee "class act" is certainly an apt way of describing him. Some men usually have this mums the word attitude toward domestic violence. It is refreshing as well as courageous of him. I loved him in Star Trek Next Generation. Must be those good vibes communicating itself even without words.

Werbung:
Back