• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Overbearing Mother-in-law

Sarah Kirimi

I had been hearing cases of overbearing mother-in-laws, I never thought it would happen to me. While courting my husband, we paid her mum regular visits, and she was the best person on earth. So loving and kind. I don't know what happened immediately after my marriage! Suddenly, she was claiming I was not giving his son enough time to spend with her and that I was advising him not take her advice.

At first, I did not mind her frequent visits but at some point she started vexing me with her comments. I am still wondering how one can set things straight without jeopardizing mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience or knows an amicable resolution to such an issue?

Werbung:
Each relationship is different, but I think all you can do is keep your distance and keep visits brief and don't say too much.

With my ex, his mom was great at first and then she was the cause of the separation. It also depends on the mother and son relationship. You may want to tell you husband how you feel to sound things out and find out what he has been telling her. Perhaps you need to tell him to keep your relationship and affairs more private? Sound him out first because he trusts her and doesn't know she is using the information to potentially upset you.

Werbung:
Even if she loves you, she might still be jealous of all the time you have with her son, especially if she feels like he is neglecting her now. She can't blame her precious boy, now can she? You are the easiest to blame. It sounds like some honest communication is in order. I went through the same thing.

Back