• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Oh my my my, Miley!

katews

I guess this would be the right place to post this... at least the gossip is sure flying around the globe about this. And I don't see another post about it, so I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been asked...

Anyhow, how do you feel about Miley's Sunday night performance? Do you think someone is actually advising her about things like that, or is she ignoring all advice about moves that could ruin her career?

Werbung:
I don't think Miley is making any mistakes. I think what she is doing is very calculated. Any press is good press. She wants attention and she's getting it. She's also breaking away from that wholesome Disney image. I think she knows exactly what she's doing.

As an aside, I really dislike the tongue thing she does. I think it looks freaky and it bothers me. I wish she'd stop licking hammers and sticking her tongue out like she's trying to lick her eyelashes. That being said, I'm sure that's exactly why she's doing it. She wants us to talk.

On the radio when Miley's dad Billy Ray Cyrus was asked about what he thought about her behavior, he replied that its just Miley and I love her. He didn't have an issue with what she was doing, because he said that she is reinventing herself. I really like her, even thought some of the stuff she does is weird.

It reminds me of all Madonna's career moves in the past. She has reinvented herself and shocked audiences as well...not to mention she earned a lot and stayed in the spotlight for decades. I suppose Miley is trying to do the same thing. We are just more uncomfortable because she came from a Disney wholesome image background. That being said I wish her luck. It's an unforgiving business trying to stretch your 15 minutes of fame.

I don't think Miley is making any mistakes. I think what she is doing is very calculated.

I agree so totally here, MizzDeeDee... it's like her signature attention-getting method of choice.

And speaking of Miley, have you seen the thing going around FaceBook with the pictures of Miley and Bieber side by side? I've often thought they look alike, but now others have seen it, too. :ROFLMAO:

Difference there is that trying to lick eyeballs and hammers isn't literally at risk of hurting someone else, while drag racing when doing drugs and/or drinking *is* risking lives... takes "attention getting" to another (and dangerous) level.

I don't hate Miley or anything, if she's living the life of her dreams, then good for her but I just find it a little sad that she finds the need to keep shocking people. It gets a little boring too as nothing she can do now, would shock me.

I think she's making mistakes. It maybe is "in" now but let's say she wants a job 2 years later, and they don't want her because of what she did. Also, those booty rolls are perfectly revolting.

Werbung:
That performance has paid off, she has gotten a lot attention thanks to it... not the most positive one tho, but still publicity is publicity for them. I think she does all this on purpose, she just wants to act like she is rebellious, vulgar, trashy and against the rules... girls nowadays are buying that like it's the bomb! I feel bad for the parents of teen girls who adore Miley... it's a dangerous path.

I think Miley isn't so stupid tho, her new persona is just revolting, but is making people talk... it's making her more and more famous. She had to ditch her old ''good girl'' image and had to go to really ridiculous lengths to sexualize it.

In my opinion someone is indeed advising her... sex sells a lot nowadays. If she had gone on with her ''good girl'' persona odds are she might not have had such a strong appeal, specially among teen girls... odds are we'd not be talking about her right now. Good is boring, right? She is using a smart marketing (aka manipulation) scheme.

Back