• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Oh Internet, Oh Internet!

digitalbrew

At one point in time, I shut myself out of the world wide web. Nowadays, it drives me crazy not having an internet connection for a week.

24 hours of connection loss can make me worried(although sometimes, it makes a perfect excuse for having a vacation).

How much do you rely on your internet connection? What do you do when you lose your connection for a day?

Werbung:
I rely on my internet connection for my income, staying in touch with my friends, entertainment, etc. Last year my computer crashed and I was without a computer for a couple of months. I nearly went crazy. I was forced to use the public library computer.

I think I could do without internet connection for a day or two. I'm not saying it would be easy for me though. I'm an addict:p . But when I travel with my boyfriend, we don't have internet connection during our trips and I don't really care about it because being together is so much more important:D

Oh I rely on it very heavily.

If I'm planning to be away from it, I can be okay. If it just randomly goes out, though, it becomes a huge problem for me. Even if I don't have work to do (which I always do), I just feel antsy not having a connection.

I can go a few days with out it, or sometimes even a few weeks if I am on vacation like a camping trip... but other than that I need to have an internet connection. I like to play my games, and I work on-line for a living so it's kind of imperative for my income.

I go crazy without it too now because I do a lot of work online so if I am without it for a while, I get a little worried. If the Internet problem is because of my computer (my computer acts up), I will stress all day until it is fixed. If it is downed wires, then I will find something else to do because I won't stress over the problem if I can't fix it.

We were without power and internet for about 3 days following Hurricane Sandy and we found things to do. It gave me time to play board games with the kids - all day :)

I think is important to have limits and internet is one of the things. I do use internet but when I am with my friends is out of the questions or at home, when I am with my family I use it only if necessary as I tend to spend most of my time with them and I do love human contact!

While I spend a lot of time online, I have no problem going off the grid so to speak. All the important people I need to talk to can be reached by phone if need be. In saying that I'd miss the internet after a few weeks. ;)

I have been working online for quite some time and it has definitely caused me to be more reliant on the internet. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I think of is my computer. Recently, I went to a city near my town and I ended spending the night so I practically went a day without my computer and I was going crazy. And being on the phone is completely different than having my laptop with me. The internet is pretty much my life right now until I stop working from home.

I realize that the Internet has a hold on me. Just the other day there was a two hour power outage and I really had no idea what I was going to do! I feel as though it has become such an essential part of our daily life that it would be hard to imagine it being gone.

Werbung:
I go crazy, because I use internet to work as well. So a day with no internet surely can drive me crazy and makes me feel so disconnected and sad. Yup, I'm so pathetic, lol. I love the internet and everything it has to offer.

I used to have a good job online some months ago, sadly I lost it. It's amazing to think I made very good money entirely online! Sad it didn't last! Now even tho I no longer have an online job, I still use the internet to complete small tasks online to help me make ends meet at the end of the month. I'd die with no internet connection, not literally tho :p

Back