• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

My Best Nail Tips...add yours :)

Katrina

Hi guys, this is a follow up from Nailbeauty's post about a month ago, cos I only just saw it thought I'd start a newie on the best nail tips! As I'm sure we all paint our nails and love to do it, it's such a good boredom cure, and loooooved doing mine all the different colors when I used to work in a spa with OPI (during quiet times obviously ::))

anyway:

1) Elephantastic Pink is the best pink shade ever, from OPI, i don't mind OPI colors, but don't think they make the best base and top coats, so try something else for that
2) Before polishing swipe your nails with polish remover to remove all oils and dehydrate the nail bed - helps your color stay on longer and smoother
3) The most important part of letting them dry is the time BETWEEN coats of base, color and top. This is more important than the top coat drying time... allow as much time as you can to give each layer a chance to really dry properly. Much smoother finish and it will last a lot longer...
4) start about 0.5mm from the cuticle and from the sides - you wont notice it and this is how the professionals get such a neat look.
5) try to go fast, way smoother!! Just use a cotton tip dipped in remover to neaten anything up later.....
6) Make sure your top coat goes right over the tip of your nails which will help prevent chipping
6) To add extra oomph to the final drying, run your nails under a cold tap.
7) Aaaaaand lastly, add a thin layer of top coat each day or two to keep them shiny and fresh.

That's it, hope you enjoyed, and add any that you have!!!

xxxxx

Werbung:
If you're having issues creating a french tip, use tape or the binder hole repair things (circle sticky pieces that repair ripped holes in pages).
Just just the circle in half and place it under where the tip belongs. This allows you to paint over the tip and the covered area without messing up your polish underneath.
Just wait until your tip is dry and peel off whatever thing you used. Finish with a top coat.

Back