• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Magazines or websites?

Gabriellea

Most magazines have online subscriptions now so do you have one or do you still like to have a physical magazine?

I like to browse magazines, but rarely buy them anymore, but will browse the websites instead. The only time I read them now is at the airport, when I travel or at the hairdressers. Some magazines have folded because of this, but the ones that have good social media activity and events tend to still do well. In the UK many offer free gifts on the front and sometimes people buy just for the gift when it's a tube of cream or a pair of flip flops.

Werbung:
I rarely buy any magazines any more. I can find whatever I want or need online. I can even check out websites on my phone if I'm out somewhere, so magazines really are becoming obsolete to me.

If I see something particularly interesting on a cover, I might pick up a copy, but it's rare. It would usually only be if I know I'll be sitting somewhere (waiting for the kids and whatnot) and can just flip through it for something to do.

To be honest, there is really no magazine I admire/enjoy so much as to want to read through month after month; mostly, to leaf through it in waiting rooms or at the library would be good enough for me, and the Internet takes care of most of my needs. Especially now that many (if not most) magazines are also available online, and what is intereting gets shared etc.

To be honest, there is really no magazine I admire/enjoy so much as to want to read through month after month; mostly, to leaf through it in waiting rooms or at the library would be good enough for me, and the Internet takes care of most of my needs. Especially now that many (if not most) magazines are also available online, and what is intereting gets shared etc.

That's true. I was only thinking of the ones at the check out stand. I didn't even consider a monthly magazine subscription. I'd have no interest in such a thing. I thought it was weird that until recently schools were selling magazine subscriptions as fund raisers. Not exactly a product that people can't live without these days.

Yes, they used to be good gift ideas and I saw one for a vegetarian magazine, but as you can look at their website I just read the library copy. There is a magazine, Poets & Writers that isn't online still, though they have a website and so there are still magazines that are print only. As I travel a lot now, I prefer online as I used to get home and have a stack of magazines to catch up on.

Like the other posters above I only really look at magazines when I'm waiting or when I'm going on a long trip. Just easier to surf the web.

Same goes with newspapers. The only time I buy a newspaper is if there's someone in the article I know and want to save it or for homework projects that my kids have to do.

Werbung:
I usually just use websites because I don't really feel like buying magazines anymore.
But I do like buying them from time to time! :)

Back