• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Intolerance

Zynni

Why is it that so many people who cry the loudest about intolerance are frequently the most intolerant of others? Some of these people would fight to the death against hatred toward certain groups or issues, but spew staggering hatred toward those with whom they disagree. I get that it's normal to protect the people and things and issues you value most, but if you turn around and spit on everyone else, it's hypocritical if you ask me.

Werbung:
Ah, it's okay for them to criticize but not the other way around. I believe in freedom of thoughts and beliefs and should not judge others. I have many friends with differing political views including one that supports Trump, but I do not judge.

I think intolerance occurs when people don't know the full story, for example people complaining about the US restrictions on the visa waiver scheme calling it racist, need to understand a visa does not entitle the holder to anything, but permission to enter. It may also be revoked and denied at any time, but people like to 'blame' others.

Werbung:
If someone is opposed to intolerance, it is intolerance of all things intolerable and not just what they pick and choose while in the buffet line of life. Too many people wish to craft their lives to make them comfortable without thinking of the ways that their being comfortable makes someone else uncomfortable. If at one end of the chain is a win, and at the other end is a loss, it is not a good situation. We cannot hope for a perfect world, but can work to make the one we are in a whole lot more bearable for all. If someone screams about intolerance, but has their foot on someone else while doing so, then that person is a hypocrite.

Back