• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I can't understand him, does he like me?

That one quiet girl

There's this guy in my trumpet section, he's a senior and I'm a junior. I'm really shy and quiet and I don't have a lot of self confidence so I don't talk much. Everyone in my section teases me in a kind of nice way but he is always really nice and is standing up for me. I really like him and I don't know If I'm reading his signals wrong. He told me at the end of last year (when he was still a junior) that he would visit me and only me after he graduates because when I'm a senior he said that I will look mighty fine. He has also told me that I'm one of he few people in my grade that doesn't annoy him but I'm afraid he's just being nice. Sometimes he will act kind of aloof to me but he does that with a lot of people. He is a very funny guy and is constantly making me laugh at the things he says and does. Two weeks ago during marching band we got a snack break and I went back into the school to refill my water and then I went back down to he band pad were a few of the trumpets and I sit and hang out and he and another trumpet were there. I heared him say oh look there's (insert my name here) and then he told the other trumpet that in a year I would be a super fox. I didn't know if they knew I could hear them so I called out and said that I could hear them and he said he knew that and told me that I was a fox but that next year I would be super foxy. This past monday a lot of the trumpets went to one of the sophomore trumpets house to swim right after band camp. I didnt have my bathing suit and most of us were still in what we wore for band camp. I was sitting on the edge of the pool with my legs hanging in and one of the guys came and pushed me in. As soon as surfaced the guy that I like was all "oh no she drowning we have to save her" so he got another senior and they lifted me out of the water and put me on the step. He knows that I'm a strong swimmer and he knew I wasn't drowning. Once he set me down he said he was sorry for feeling me up but he had to save me. Later on another girl got pushed in and he looked at me and said "I'm not gonna save her" Earlier that day when we were in the car he looked back at me from the passenger seat and started wiggling his eyebrows and made a funny face at me while I was trying to drink my water. He applogised for nearly making me spit out my water because I was trying not to laugh. He said he wouldnt try and make me laugh while I was drinking again. Later after we got out of the pool i was sitting next to him at a bar that over looked the pool he started talking to me about some personal things. He's not one to share his personal experiences with people so i felt pretty special that he was telling me these things. I really like him and I really want to know if it sounds like he might like me back or if hes just being nice.
I'm really sorry for the lenght but please help!

Werbung:
I am going to say he definitely likes you. I think you should play it cool with him and be friendly with him like you are. Stay friends with him and let him make the moves on you first. Sometimes if a guy knows you like him he will cool off. Let him chase you some more. I think he really likes you. All he seems to do is flirt with you. Since he was talking with you about personal stuff I think it means he is very interested in you. Good luck and let us know how everything goes with him.

It sounds to me like he likes you. He probably is in the same boat as you and doesn't know if you like him or not. If you are not giving him any signs he probably does not want to make a fool of himself. I would make a first move and see what he does. Perhaps you can ask him if he wants to hang out sometime. You could either practice songs for band, go see a movie or catch a bite to eat.

It sounds like he has a crush on you! Go for it! If a guy is making excuses just to be near you then he likes you. Simple as that. Many of my guy friends have told me that when they like someone they put the effort into it.

Oh my gosh! I didn't expect to get any real feed back, so thank you so much to you guys!! Y'all really boosted my confidence enough to where I was gonna try and flirt with him today. Only one problem, he didn't show up to band. He left on thursday with a friend after band practice and he didn't come on friday or saturday when a lot of us trumpets got together to hang out. So he has missed two days of actual band camp in a row and that kinda worries me because he was saying that if he got a car he would quit band so he could get a job. He hasn't said anything to anyone about him quiting yet and I'm not sure if I should text him and see if he is still gonna be in band. I really hope he is because that is the only class I have with him. Should I text him? I hardly ever do that because I feel like I'm annoying him or that I will be a bother.

Yes, text him, but only once. Tell him you are wondering is everything okay because he has not been to band class. Tell him what is going on in class and that you hope all is well with him. He will appreciate your concern!

Haha thanks but he showed up the next day, I guess I'm just paranoid :p he hasn't mentioned quitting band again. On Friday during practice he would playfully grab my t shirt sleeve and tug on it and kept asking where he was supposed to be when he was already in his right spot. Then when we were walking up to the band hall from the football field he was just doin goofy things and making me laugh.

Werbung:
He definitely has a crush! Man, school crushes are the best thing ever (I feel SO old right now). Enjoy the teasing, and if you really want to give him a bit of confidence, flirt! or even just suggest something friendly you two can do together - this is if you're comfortable giving that a try. My boyfriend was shy around me at first, but I just went for it and we've been together since then :)

Best of luck :)

Back