• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I am getting tired of the artificial sweeteners

dconklin

I don't like artificial sweeteners for many reasons. For one they make me real sick and for another reason is that they really are not that healthy. It seems that things you wouldn't expect them in are now adding them. Why are they forcing these sweeteners on everybody? I have even found the aspartame in yogurt now. Yes it was a light yogurt, but I thought light was a no fat yogurt instead of low fat.

They are in drinks of different varieties and even in all chewing gum. It seems like they are trying to make everybody eat this stuff even after tests have shown they probably are not that great for us.

Ok sorry I just had to get that out.

Werbung:
A sweetener in yogurt is really extreme. The addition of artificial sugar is a way to decrease the sugar count in yogurt. I really don't like the idea either.

I am also noticing different artificial sugar substitutes like "sugar solid." I don't know what it is, but I don't buy anything with it in the ingredients.

A sweetener in yogurt is really extreme. The addition of artificial sugar is a way to decrease the sugar count in yogurt. I really don't like the idea either.

I am also noticing different artificial sugar substitutes like "sugar solid." I don't know what it is, but I don't buy anything with it in the ingredients.
I haven't seen sugar solid, but I noticed that these sweeteners come in different names now too. Acesulfame potassium is a name of a sweetener too I found out the hard way. I saw it listed in the ingredients of a drink one time and thought it had to do with potassium. I was drinking it and it had a nasty after taste. I looked up the various ingredients and found out that it was really a sweetener.

Fortunately artificial sweeteners aren't very popular here, where I live. We usually use regular sugar. Also, I'm on a gluten free diet so I'm used to reading labels and I always know what I'm eating - I'm very picky when it comes to food and I try to be as reasonable as possible because I strongly believe that if you want to be healthy, you need to eat healthy.

I haven't seen sugar solid, but I noticed that these sweeteners come in different names now too. Acesulfame potassium is a name of a sweetener too I found out the hard way. I saw it listed in the ingredients of a drink one time and thought it had to do with potassium. I was drinking it and it had a nasty after taste. I looked up the various ingredients and found out that it was really a sweetener.

I haven't seen acesulfame potassium. At least, not that I can remember. I have seen "sugar solid" in a lot of stuff. I think it's replacing high fructose corn syrup. I don't see that as much as I use to. It's still around.

I haven't seen acesulfame potassium. At least, not that I can remember. I have seen "sugar solid" in a lot of stuff. I think it's replacing high fructose corn syrup. I don't see that as much as I use to. It's still around.
It is in different drinks you can buy in the store and I have seen it in some foods too. Fuze is a drink that has it in it. I bought them to try since I like the berries that are in them. After drinking it I noticed that nasty after taste and so I Googled some of the ingredients. That is how I found out that acesulfame potassium was a sweetener. I saw potassium in the name and thought that it was something else.

I agree. They have that aspartame ingredient that is generally not good for you from my recollection. I personally don't like the aftertaste and don't see what others like about it. The only thing that seems good about it is that it blends and dissolves well. That's about it, though. I know a lot of family who use the sweeteners for their coffee and teas, but if it ain't natural like honey, I ain't trying it!

Werbung:
I agree. They have that aspartame ingredient that is generally not good for you from my recollection. I personally don't like the aftertaste and don't see what others like about it. The only thing that seems good about it is that it blends and dissolves well. That's about it, though. I know a lot of family who use the sweeteners for their coffee and teas, but if it ain't natural like honey, I ain't trying it!
I can't understand how people like the taste either, but we all have different tastes I guess. I just really don't like how it seems they are pushing these sweeteners on everybody by adding them to many things now.

Back