• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How old were you when you started shaving?

dconklin

I am trying to remember but I think I was around 12 or so when I started shaving my legs. I do not remember when I started to shave my underarms tho and bikini area was much later. My daughter is 11 and worried about her legs looking hairy. Tho it is fine hair, her legs are very white (she has Irish in her and fair skin) and the hair is light brown. So unfortunately yes you can definitely see it. We don't make a deal about it, but she does.

I think she is a little young to be using the razor unless I can find a real safe and easy one to use for her. How old were you when you started to shave your legs?

Werbung:
I started shaving too soon, I was 9 or 10, I don't remember exactly. The bigger problem is that back then I thought that I should shave not only my legs but also my arms. And because of it hair on my arms became really thick after a few times:eek: . It still is so I have to shave it, it's really annoying:(

I started shaving too soon, I was 9 or 10, I don't remember exactly. The bigger problem is that back then I thought that I should shave not only my legs but also my arms. And because of it hair on my arms became really thick after a few times:eek: . It still is so I have to shave it, it's really annoying:(

I remember taking cosmetology in high school and I remember the teacher telling us that it was a myth that hair grows back thicker after shaving, but there is no way it is a myth! My leg hair got a thicker texture once I started shaving and so did my underarm hairs. So I don't know why they try to say it is a myth!

I think she is worried because she will be in a school next year that requires her to swim - she loves the pool but I think that may be why she wants to start shaving legs. I told her she wants to wait a while because once she starts, she will always have to do it.

I remember taking cosmetology in high school and I remember the teacher telling us that it was a myth that hair grows back thicker after shaving, but there is no way it is a myth! My leg hair got a thicker texture once I started shaving and so did my underarm hairs. So I don't know why they try to say it is a myth!

I've also heard that it's a myth but, unfortunately, I can say from my own experience that it's not:( I wish I never shaved my arms:cry: It was a big mistake.

I've also heard that it's a myth but, unfortunately, I can say from my own experience that it's not:( I wish I never shaved my arms:cry: It was a big mistake.

Yeah I can imagine! I wish I had a solution to that, maybe try some of those hair removers? Not the chemical ones, but my mom got me something a while back but I didn't really try it much. I remember having to let it grow out a bit first and it was summer time so I didn't want to let it grow too much (then I forgot in the winter.) There are things like Hair Off that are no chemical, but I don't know how well they work.

I tried to epilate it. I regularly epilate my legs so I was pretty sure that it will be pretty much the same - but it wasn't. Epilating arms hurts so much! It was a nightmare. And, what is even worse, my skin was extremely irritated afterwards.
Shaving is annoying but at least it doesn't hurt.
But these hair removers may be a good idea, thank you for the tip.

I tried to epilate it. I regularly epilate my legs so I was pretty sure that it will be pretty much the same - but it wasn't. Epilating arms hurts so much! It was a nightmare. And, what is even worse, my skin was extremely irritated afterwards.
Shaving is annoying but at least it doesn't hurt.
But these hair removers may be a good idea, thank you for the tip.

Just make sure it is one that doesn't have a chemical hair remover. Any chemical may burn your arms. I remember trying one of the chemicals (I think it was Nair) years ago and it burned - and that was on my legs so I can imagine it would really burn on the arms!

I started shaving my legs when I was probably 12 or 13, and yes, I cut myself several times, but back then my skin used to heal so nicely. That's no longer the case tho, because not so long ago I had an accident with the razor again, sadly the mark is still there, but when I was younger wounds healed perfectly!

I started shaving my underarms much later, that pesky hair didn't show up until I was 14 or 15. Then I needed to use the razor over there again, never cut myself there, but did get very irritated! As for the biking area... well, didn't start until I was 18. For other parts of my body I use one of those creams that remove hair.

I started shaving at ten. I only started because I was growing armpit hair. So I decided to do my legs too. My mom bought me a razor and taught me. She thought I was responsible enough to start, me, I was ready to start, I was beyond mortified of my armpit hair.

I wanted to start shaving at 8 but my mom said I was too young (she was right haha). I started at 10 and am not sad. I really don't like body hair so it's never been a problem for me to shave every day. In my opinion kids should start shaving when they want to!

Werbung:
Back