• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How often do you cook?

Zynni

Do you find yourself cooking a lot, or do you end up grabbing whatever or going out to eat? I usually cook at least one meal per day, if not more. I always try to make a nice, big, dinner on either Saturday or Sunday night with all the trimmings.

Are you a good cook? Do you cook a lot? Do you enjoy it?

Werbung:
I enjoy cooking and cook as in from scratch a couple of times a week. I'm vegetarian so I like a balanced diet and that's why I don't favor the 'leftovers' option any longer. It's not healthy, nor does it save money because you are eating for the sake of it, rather than what you choose.

Nice. Eating a balanced diet is important.

I'm not sure I understand your point about leftovers. Why is it less healthy? Why don't you think it saves money? I get that sometimes you end up eating it just for sustenance, and it's not your first choice, but to me that is better than wasting food. I'm interested in hearing more of your opinion about this. :)

Leftovers are fine if you have planned to cook a little extra to save time and you have planned that meal. Take for example my parents who have overcooked and have a fridge full of 'leftovers'. That means that to help them not to waste food I have to eat what is there rather than a balanced diet. Therefore, it's not as healthy.

Recently dad cooked pasta, enough for 8 people and there are only 2 people who can eat it, so I have had to eat it for the last 3 days, not by choice. Also it means I can't balance my diet, if I need more protein if I am too full. Another instance is where my mother opened 2 cans of beans for my brother when he visited (he couldn't eat them all), then he left, so I had to eat them when I usually only have a couple of spoons maybe once a week. As a vegetarian it's important to mix your proteins, so eating leftovers isn't healthy when you eat food for the sake of not wasting it.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Yes, a lot of people simply overbuy and overcook. They make enough to feed an army when they only need a small portion. This is an area in which I had to learn to adjust as my children grew up and began moving to homes of their own. I went from cooking for six to cooking for 2-3 depending on the night.

At first, I made way too much often. I've gotten a bit better about it, and now, we rarely have much for leftovers unless I make extra for a reason.

Werbung:
I rarely cook. I be so busy that I don't get time to cook.

I usually order online food or get it from the market.

I cook once in a week :p but I am planning to cook for myself because I am becoming health conscious these days.

Back