• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How often do you cook from scratch?

Gabriellea

I know cooking from scratch is the best, but how often do you do it? There are so many short cuts which are cheaper like buying a tomato sauce or frozen pastry which can save you time as well.

I do cook pancakes from scratch as that is simple, but one day I would like to make a pasta bake or lasagna from scratch, but I need to learn to make my own pasta first!:D

Werbung:
I cook from scratch very often, actually today I'll have to do it, right after I come back from the doctor. I plan our meals ahead for a whole week, so I have all the ingredients right there all I need to do now is to get moving and get that done.

I think today I'll use some shredded chicken and make some chicken taquitos, as well as some avocado salsa and a simple lettuce salad :) Tomorrow I'll cook something for two full days, because it is practical to do so. I'll make a tasty broth.

It's funny, when I had just started I was super slow cooking, but now I am super fast =D

That's great that you do and you can plan your meals that way. I used to do that, but then sometimes I would feel like something else to eat. As I only cook for myself, it's easier to cheat in some ways. I do like to cook from scratch, bit cooking for one can be expensive so I do freeze the food, but then have to make a mental plan when to eat it.

Werbung:
I bake from scratch at least 4 days a week. It saves money in the long run.

Sometimes I do things like pasta dishes where I use store bought pasta, but I still make the sauce from scratch. Once you start making your own sauces, you will never used can again! Especially cream of "whatever". They are very unhealthy for you!

Back