• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How do you feel about misleading methods used to advertise makeup?

apple

A while ago, I saw an ad for Covergirl's Lashblast mascara on the subway. To my surprise, there was fine print at the bottom, which said the model was wearing lash inserts! I'd always they picked a model with extremely long lashes for this but I guessed wrong. What's the point of wearing mascara if your lashes have already been enhanced by fake lashes! Obviously, the effect of the mascara is weaker and the ad might as well be about the lashes instead. This is a common practice for most mascara ads and branches out into other aspects of makeup and skincare. Currently, a model is suing Estee Lauder for deliberately aging her before photo so there would be more of a contrast with the after in order to embellish the perceived effects of their anti-aging cream. I think the government should pass legislation to protect consumers against this type of false advertising. The cosmetics industry right now is like highway robbery with all its miracle products that don't deliver.

Werbung:
I hate one ad which shows a woman roll this concealer under her eyes, and her dark circles cleared up instantly!
I try it, doesn't even cover it up :(
Cheeky Concealer Woman!!

Werbung:
A while ago, I saw an ad for Covergirl's Lashblast mascara on the subway. To my surprise, there was fine print at the bottom, which said the model was wearing lash inserts! I'd always they picked a model with extremely long lashes for this but I guessed wrong. What's the point of wearing mascara if your lashes have already been enhanced by fake lashes! Obviously, the effect of the mascara is weaker and the ad might as well be about the lashes instead. This is a common practice for most mascara ads and branches out into other aspects of makeup and skincare. Currently, a model is suing Estee Lauder for deliberately aging her before photo so there would be more of a contrast with the after in order to embellish the perceived effects of their anti-aging cream. I think the government should pass legislation to protect consumers against this type of false advertising. The cosmetics industry right now is like highway robbery with all its miracle products that don't deliver.

Every advert uses false lashes, and everyone knows it so it just shows their product is mediocre and like every other product.
It's not fair for girls and women to be lied to about products to become 'beautiful' - it just makes it unattainable to women and they go out and waste all their money on useless products. It's unethical just to make money!

Back