• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Holidays - Host or Guest?

Zynni

Will you be hosting any (or all) of the major holidays in your home this year? Maybe you will be visiting family or friends and will be a guest for one or more this year. Tell us about it.

Which do you prefer doing, hosting holidays or being a guest?

I do a lot of hosting. I wouldn't mind just being a guest sometime. ;)

Werbung:
I prefer to be a host because I am in control, but being a guest can be hard work. I have been a guest over the holidays and sometimes you just want to crash and take a nap, but you feel rude when everyone is being sociable.

I do think everyone feels pressure and the best host lets people feel comfortable and free to do what they like.

I would prefer to host because it gives me something to do. My family isn't very picky about food. Allergies and what not so easy. Although I have heard from friends about picky relatives and one's who tend to complain. They've said that they would rather not come or just bring their own food, lol.

I just don't know what to do with myself as a guest. I am not one for idle chit chat. Although I live far from my family and they would rather not drive the long distance so yeah. :(

Oh and it would give me an excuse to clean cause yeah I'm pretty lazy about cleaning, lo.

Werbung:
I would prefer to host because it gives me something to do. My family isn't very picky about food. Allergies and what not so easy. Although I have heard from friends about picky relatives and one's who tend to complain. They've said that they would rather not come or just bring their own food, lol.

I just don't know what to do with myself as a guest. I am not one for idle chit chat. Although I live far from my family and they would rather not drive the long distance so yeah. :(

Oh and it would give me an excuse to clean cause yeah I'm pretty lazy about cleaning, lo.

Ha ha, I hate to clean. I do it, but I don't enjoy doing it. I do enjoy the after effects. Yes, hosting holidays will have you doing more cleaning than you ever wanted to do... at least that's how it is for me. Just about the time I think I'm done, I find something else that could use a touch up.

I don't mind the cooking part. It's all the cleaning, both before and after, that really wears me out.

Back