• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

High school or college life?

I am not sure if it was the school I went to or what but high school and college sucked for me.
High school was more memorable because I did more activities; captain of the wrestling team; I was on the yearbook committee, I was a teacher at the elementary school down the street; an assistant librarian, a webmaster for the school website..... come to think about it; high school was WAY more enjoyable that college.

The college I went to was greedy as all outdoors; all they wanted was the money and they wanted to keep me at the school until 2013 when I started going in 2006; 7 years was not what I signed up for. Because of them I hate college now and I dropped out; my mom is begging me to go back but I am hesitant to do it.

Werbung:
I was miserable in high school. I went to an all girls Catholic school where there was a lot of drama, backstabbing and bullying. I'm naturally the sort of person who just wants to be in a peaceful environment and for everyone to get on.

College is a whole different experience. I love the freedom and being responsible for my own education. There is no one telling you to do your homework either. :p In my opinion everything about college is better the campus, free wifi, classes,cafes and clubs. Even the library is impressive, ours is several stories tall. So there’s always a quiet spot to read.

It's also more enjoyable concentrating on the subjects you’re interested in as in high school there are compulsory subjects. Plus I like college timetables better as you have more flexibility over your day.:cool:

I engaged in more activities in high school than I did in college. In college I was a full-time student, with a full time job, and an infant at home. So, high school life for me was the happier experience. I had no real responsibilities, I had tons of friends due to all the activities I participated in, and I had a fun part-time job. School came easy to me, so every moment of every day, I was doing something fun that I loved.

College, while giving me my independence, bogged me down with responsibilities. It was a difficult period of time in my life, and was a complete shock to my system. Though, I would not chance a moment of any of it.

If I were to be honest, my most fun and memorable time would actually be in graduate school, not high school or undergrad college. It was in grad school (Medical school, actually) where I met the best of my friends right now, where I experienced how to really have fun despite all the stress that studying gave and where I realized that I was capable of so much more. It was the best.

I enjoyed college much more. More freedom, more life experience. Id go back and do college again minus all the classes LOL! I wasnt a fan of highschool. May have just been my school but everyone was so incredibly mean and just hateful.

Hmmm that's a tough question. My high school was really small, so it was enjoyable in that I knew everyone and we were all friends. We all went to the same parties, talked to each other, and were really not very clique-y. College was a totally different experience, because it wasn't that easy to find my place. But on the whole, it was a great experience - I met amazing people and learned a lot about myself. The independence was also great - not only being away from home and my parents, but also being a way from the stifling but comfortable high school setting gave me a lot of space to be creative.

Also, college has better parties. Hands down.

I can say without hesitation that I enjoy my college life more. I just like the freedom. I'm in college now and I like that I can choose what I want to study (finally - no more math or chemistry!) and I don't have to wake up early in the morning like I had to during my high school time. I've made some great friends already and it's wonderful to sit together in our collage library. I'm having the time of my life:D

college! so many more good memories and kind people. You can also do a lot more when you're in college, there are more opportunities for you to get out there

Definitely my college life. I was absent most of the time in my high school years. In fact, there came a time that I never went back to school for more than 4 months because I was somewhat sick. Fortunately for me, I was still given a chance by my teachers to make it up... although an average grade of 78 did have my brother giving me a piece of his mind.

I loved college! The independence was #1 for me. I loved living on my own and I made great friends from all over the world. The only problem was when I had to move back home and those great friends still live all over the world and only 1 moved to California near me. Now I'm stuck in my hometown with all of the boring people I went to high school with.

Neither, for me. I despised school, so there was no way I was going to college. The best part of my life was when I turned 18 and was FREE. No school, ever again if I didn't want to. And now I'm 30 and haven't gone to school and don't regret it at all. I love being an adult, having no responsibilities other than the ones I choose. I love being free!

Werbung:
No comparison, college was so so much better for me. Beyond just having a lot more freedom than you do in high school, you have so many options for friends and people in general are less catty/ more relaxed.

Back