• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Here I Go

thistle

So blah blah blah, you all know my moans about my work by now lol but WAIT.............there's more
<

I mentioned in the other thread that I never got the managers job, what I didn't mention (I don't think) is that the SECOND I met our new area manager I knew he was not going to give me the job...you know that feeling you just get? and I told our Lead store manager as much when I phoned her after the "interview".

Now my suspicions were confirmed when I spoke to the supervisor at my local Alldays store.....a store I'm in at least twice a day (and funnily enough the store our new area manager used to be in charge of before he got his current job). I told Brian that I hadn't been successful and he promptly informed me that area manager had been in the store and basically offered the managers job on a plate to one of his old staff
<
....BEFORE HE EVEN MET ME !!!!!

Now obviously this irked me somewhat even tho Anne had turned him down flat. But I decided to bite my tongue ............until NOW
<
.....oh yes indeed it gets better
<

I went into the store today to buy my paper as usual on the way to work and was very quickly told that area manager has been at it again.......he phoned them yesterday to offer Brian a job again on a plate. I said in no uncertain terms to Brian "well no offence Bri, but until I am officially offered deputy manager, the supervisors job is not up for offer..............it's not vacant to give anyone else" to which he replied...

"it WAS deputy manager he offered me"

<

<

<

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yes...........area manager has offered ....no strings attatched MY FECKIN JOB !!!! the one that I am being PAID to do and the one that I was promised if manager fell through...............MY FECKIN JOB !!!

Well, I'm very sorry a@@wipe area manager but you do realise this means war. My union rep will be getting a phonecall very shortly about this.......my lead store manager will be informed about the whole thing and so will Human Resources ....yes indeedy doo.........I can play nasty too
<

And in case he doesn't get the message?...

I have in interview for another job next saturday (yay me) but woe is me.....I can't get anyone to open up my store for me.....I'm gutted truly I am.....so gutted in fact that I have told my lead store manager that I am taking the day off regardless lol....she laughed (thankfully) .... so looks like they're gonna have a closed store on the busiest most profitable day of the week ...............my heart bleeds
<

PLUS (oh god yes I don't do things by half) starting from Monday, or as soon as my membership fee for the union has cleared..............the store will be closed for one hour a day at lunchtime so I can take a full hours break off the premises as I am legally entitled to do *giggles*

OH YES ! and Brian (bless his cotton sockies) also hinted that area manager may not quite have left his old position by his own will..............I believe he said a slight push was given (he is investigating this story on my behalf and will tell me as soon as he finds out)

Sooooooooooooooo Mr uphisown*ss area manager................you wanna bend the rules? 'go ahead but don't expect me to keep my mouth shut
<
shame you didn't bank on me being quite good friends with all the staff at your old store but hey that's life huh?.............and guess what......it's gonna suck for you

<

Geez I sound so spiteful lmao

Werbung:
Yes Thistle, you have words with him! If you don't it will burn inside you.

But think before speaking, stay calm and be polite.

That way you will have a bigger impact and good luck with the other job
<

Love Fran

Well...................new manager started work today ........... albeit at another store to begin her training. I just got a phonecall as I was about to close up for the night...

The gist of it was...

"Hi Lou, it's Connie...........I have to be quick in case she hears me but..........just so you know...........your new manager is a bitch"
<

Apparently she waltzed in there this morning like Lady Muck and has been snotty to every single member of staff cos you know she is SO much better than them............them only being *spits* shop assistants *spits* and her being an all knowing all powerful shop MANAGER !!!!

She accused Connie (who is THE nicest woman you could possibly ever meet) of "nearly having my eye out with that mop" even tho it was HER who walked up behind Connie as she mopped the floor. I told Connie that she should have replied..."OH! Sorry............I'll try harder next time" then shoved the mop handle right up her nostril
<

So looks like we're in for some fun and games when Madam high and mighty starts instore......I am quite looking forward to this because I know my girlies (and yessy there ARE still MY girlies) and they won't think twice about telling her to get off her high horse lol.

PLUS I've worked out how often I'll have to work with her...

My contract is for 18 hours per week....

she takes 1 full day off so I cover that = 7.5 hours
she takes Sunday (or an alternate afternoon), again I cover = 4 hours..

So that leaves me to work 6.5 hours to work the rest of the week and if I am in over lunchtime to let her leave the store (like I ever got a chance to do that) that is another 3 hours where I am in charge which leaves 3.5 hours!!!!!!! where I have to work alongside her.......niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

this is gonna be fun

<

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*is as happy as a pig in poo*

Area manager came to visit today.............*giggles*

apparently.............stinky new manager has been given the boot already !!!!!!!!!!
<
<
<

He's not offered me the managers job altho it is still a a possibilty.......................however.......

He asked me what my main reason was for applying for a job elsewhere and when I told him it was because I could not afford to work part time again he offered me a FULL TIME contract on the spot not to leave
<
:D:D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if he decides that I should stay as deputy manager, I am still going to get trained to manager level so that next time the vacancy comes up it is mine no questions asked.

So even if he gives the managers job to someone else, I don't drop any money, I work a few hours less, get an extra day off AND have less responsibilty.....I can't lose.

And the moral of this story is....

It pays to throw a tantrum at work now and again

<
<

Werbung:
Back