• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Have you ever tried Reflexology?

Zynni

I haven't had any formal treatments, but I know someone who does it regularly. It really seemed to help, so I started looking into it and trying some of the techniques myself. I think it can be helpful, at least in some circumstances. I also just find the whole concept to be fascinating.

What do you think?

Werbung:
My aunt is big into Reflexology, she swears by it. I have watched her perform the techniques on her own feet, and it looked interesting. So, of course I bought a short e-book to read all about it. I read through it and attempted to find some of the stress points in my foot. I was able to find some sensitive points and work them out. With that being said, I would definitely do some research and see if it's right for you. My problem is that I haven't stuck to it so I don't have personal long-term experience.

Exactly right. It's not something you can just do once. You have to follow through. I think of it almost like physical therapy, where you'd need to continue the "exercises" in order to realize any benefits. I'm not as strict about following it as I should be.

Still, I find the whole concept fascinating, and if it helps, why not?

I borrowed books about it in the library, and adopted a lot of the self-massage techniques for myself (and for massaging the hands of family and friends). I use some of it quite frequently on my hands, especially since I write so much and am so long on the computer -- I know the point is to cure other parts of the body through massaging hands and feet but, as for me, my hands get so many cramps that I mostly feel the relief there, rather than in my tummy or lungs!

Well, the good news is that while you're making your hands feel better, you're probably also aiding some other part of your body. :)

I've used a couple of techniques with good success, although I have to be careful. I bruise easily, and once I overdid it trying to get some relief for my back. The spot I was manipulating was all bruised up before I knew it.

Oh, going to the library was a great idea. I should do that.

Well, the good news is that while you're making your hands feel better, you're probably also aiding some other part of your body. :)

I've used a couple of techniques with good success, although I have to be careful. I bruise easily, and once I overdid it trying to get some relief for my back. The spot I was manipulating was all bruised up before I knew it.

Oh, going to the library was a great idea. I should do that.

Hahaha yes, well, I was looking into that back when going to the library was easier for me than trying to find tutorials on youtube and on blogs! Crazy how times change. :) It was a good book, though, the techniques were very easy to understand.

And if I'm not sure about the state of the rest of me -- though I remember that I kept trying to easy my headaches with hand massages and reflexology -- I'm pretty sure that I avoided at least one carpal tunnel thingy by stretching and relaxing my muscles this much. :) Win all around yeah.

Werbung:
For sure. At the very least, it can't hurt... right? Stretching and massaging are good for us.

I still have tons to learn, but it's a great thing when you feel like you have some part in being able to care for yourself or "heal" yourself. The fact that most of the techniques are fairly simple to do is also appealing.

Yeah, there's tons of info online. I was thinking the books in the library might have nice, big, pictures though. My eyes aren't what they used to be. I find myself making everything on my screen bigger...

Back