• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Halloween Plans? Recipes?

Snowbaby

Any of you got any plans for Halloween? Thisty, are you dressing up for work?! *gig* My department at work are having a dressing up day on the 31st, being that we work in a huge place (approx 3,000 people) and my dept is approx 60 of those people, I'm not one for dressing up to go into a building where the other 2,940 staff are in "normal" clothes :lol: However, I did get a maternity t-shirt with a pumpkin on the front, it says "Oops! I ate a seed" *gig*

So, anyone else got plans?

Will you be carving pumpkins?? Baking any spooky Halloween cakes and treats? Care to share some recipes? I need to do some baking to take in on the 31st as well and would love to have spooky themed treats!

:pumpkin2:

:evilpumpkin:

:witch:

:pumpkin:

Werbung:
lol we all have avelvet witchy hats to wear at work but other than that my plans are the same as every year ..... put the lights off, don't answer the door and pretend not to be in :p

We're giving candy out to the kids. I'm doing Hallowe'en crafts with the daycare kids, and having a little Hallowe'en "party" next week, too. We're having a get-together here on the 1st/2nd, so our guests may wear costumes. Since our Hallowe'en decorations will still be up, it'll sort of be a Hallowe'en-themed party. I may or may not dress up.

Here are a few Hallowe'en recipes!!!

Black Cat Cookies

4383001045_black-cat-cookies-recipe.jpg

Yield: Makes about 20 cookies

Ingredients:

1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
All-purpose flour (optional)
White Decorator Icing (recipe follows)
Black paste food coloring
Assorted colored candies

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Divide dough in half. Reserve 1 half; cover and refrigerate remaining half.

2. Roll reserved dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.

3. Cut out dough using 3-1/2-inch cat face cookie cutter. Place cutouts 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and scraps.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until firm but not browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

5. Prepare White Decorator Icing. Add desired amount of food coloring to make black. Decorate cookies with icing and assorted candies as desired to make cat faces.

White Decorator Icing

Ingredients

4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup shortening or unsalted butter
1 tablespoon corn syrup
6 to 8 tablespoons milk

Preparation:

1. Beat all ingredients in medium bowl 2 minutes or until fluffy.

Sweet Spiders

5555500055_sweet-spiders-recipe.jpg

Yield: Makes 20 cookies

Ingredients:

1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 to 4 tablespoons seedless red raspberry or cherry preserves*
Chocolate licorice
Decors, cinnamon candies, assorted icings, sprinkles and mini chocolate chips

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets; set aside. Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Combine dough and cocoa powder in large bowl; mix until well blended.

2. Evenly divide dough into 20 pieces. Shape each piece into 2 (1-inch) balls and 1 (1/2-inch) ball. For each spider body, flatten 1 (1-inch) ball into 2-inch circle on prepared cookie sheet. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves in center of circle. Flatten remaining 1-inch ball into 2-inch circle and place over preserves, sealing dough edges. Cut licorice into 1-1/2-inch pieces; cut pieces in half lengthwise. Press licorice into spider body for legs.

3. For each spider head, slightly flatten 1/2-inch ball and lightly press into spider body. Press decors or cinnamon candies into head for eyes.

4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until dough is set. Cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired with assorted icings, decors, sprinkles and mini chocolate chips.

**I've personally never seen chocolate licorice... just use black licorice instead.**

I've made these brownies, they're way cute!

Tombstone Brownies

1509001890_tombstone-brownies-recipe.jpg

Yield: Makes 12 servings

Ingredients:

1 package (21.5 ounces) brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare mix
1 cup chocolate fudge frosting (about 1/2 of 16-ounce container)
2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
Creamy Decorator's Frosting (recipe follows)
3/4 cup flaked coconut, tinted green
12 pumpkin candies

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13X9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges of pan; grease foil.

2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool in pan on wire rack.

3. Using foil as handles, remove brownies from pan; peel off foil. Frost with chocolate frosting. Cut brownies into twelve 4X2-inch bars.

4. Break chocolate bars into pieces along scored lines. Using Creamy Decorator's Frosting, write "R.I.P." on chocolate pieces. Let stand until set.

5. Press 1 chocolate piece into end of each brownie for tombstone. Sprinkle tinted coconut on each brownie for grass. Place 1 pumpkin candy on coconut.

Note: To tint coconut, dilute a few drops of food coloring with 1/2 teaspoon water in a large plastic bag. Add 1 to 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut. Close the bag and shake well until the coconut is evenly coated. If a deeper color is desired, add more diluted food coloring and shake again.

Yield: Makes 16 to 18 servings

0918001045_jack-o-lantern-cheese-ball-recipe.jpg

A touch of pumpkin and spices lend a delightful flavor to this distinctive cheese ball.

Ingredients:

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup solid-pack pumpkin
1/4 cup pineapple preserves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pretzel rod, broken in half
Dark rye bread, red bell pepper, black olive slices and fresh parsley
Assorted crackers

Preparation:

1. Beat cheeses, pumpkin, preserves and spices in medium bowl until smooth. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until cheese is firm enough to shape.

2. Shape mixture into round pumpkin; place on serving plate. Using knife, score vertical lines down pumpkin. Place pretzel rod in top for stem.

3. Cut bread into triangles for eyes. Decorate pumpkin, using bread, pepper, olives and parsley.

4. Cover loosely; refrigerate until serving time. Serve with crackers.

Mmm I'm totally gonna make some of them.

I wanted to have a halloween party at my flat but shouldn't because we'd have to hide the animals and I feel real guilty about all the loud music and noise that everyone would be making. Instead I'm gonna cajol someone else into holding one hehe.

Werbung:
Back