• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Had a nightmare about my babies first day of school!

clauemi

My daughter is only 2 and a half but lately I have been looking into homeschooling rather than public school. I have been so afraid of all of the bullying news and the type of kids in schools nowadays and I guess I have had it in the back of my head for a while cause I had a scary dream last night.

So I had registered my daughter for school two weeks before school started and for some reason that first day I asked my mom to take my daughter to school while me and my ex husband went also but by ourselves. When we got there I was told that I had to re-register and I was very confused and none of the school workers would answer my questions. This one man told me that my daughter would probably not be able to start school because they were full and then he told us to sit down and for some reason brought us pizza with green sauce on top LOL. While we were waiting I was trying to call my mom to ask her not to take my baby to school cause she would be by herself and none of the teachers would know she was not supposed to be there but my cell was not working so I was freaking out that my baby would be by herself. So we were waiting it seemed like forever and I don't know for what even LOL and then another lady came and told us to go home and we walked home instead of taking the car and I still could not get a hold of my mom, that's when I woke up.

I don't think it sounds very scary the way I told it but to me it was, I woke up and made sure my daughter was in her bed.

Werbung:
I think it's perfectly understandable about being concerned about your child's first day of school, even though she does have a few more years to go. I almost cried the day I sent my son off to kindergarten but everything turned out just fine and he loves school now and will be going in the first grade this coming year. Honestly though, I wouldn't home school your child based solely on the news surrounding bullying. There has always been bullying school, always, it's just that now it gets far more news attention than it did before so people think it's something "new" and it's a big deal. I think that if you raise your child to believe in themselves and to ignore any taunting they may receive they'll be just fine. These isolated incidents of extreme bullying shouldn't keep kids from going to school. I think that children that are home schooled also miss out on the crucial social interaction with their peers that gives them important social skills for later in life.

Back