• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Getting Enough Exercise

Zynni

We always hear how important it is to get proper exercise, but sometimes it's really hard. Whether it's finding time or motivation to get it done, sometimes, it's easy to blow it off. The older we get, the more important it is.

Share your motivation tips. I could use some right now!

Werbung:
I'm on the same road right now, I don't seem to have a lot motivation to actually get up and exercise. I'm trying to eat more healthy tho, but last week I kinda failed at it. Hopefully this week is better, but... there is a birthday party coming this week so is very likely I'll eat things I shouldn't. Gosh, if I was in my right weight range right now I just wouldn't care and I'd just enjoy the party.

Anyways, have you thought of joining one of those communities in which people share tips and encourage each others to achieve fitness goals? There are plenty of those out there, the good thing about them is that most of the times they serve as a very powerful motivation. Specially if some of your friends are also there and you see them accomplishing their goals.

It can also help to have a diet/exercise buddy. The biggest problem I've found with that is that they seem to expect me to do all the motivating. I need motivation and encouragement too though.

I don't exercise as much as I used to, but I enjoy walking. I find walking a dog to be good exercise and I don't have one, but offer to walk friends dogs. I tend to make small goals like walking someone and then sitting to write or read a chapter of a book, take some photos and then walk back, so I have time to think and also exercise without being too obvious. I used to live by the beach, so I would jog to the beach then walk and read and then jog back!

I gave myself an exercise prescription: 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week (it's a scientific number, the conclusion of many studies). That is around 30 minutes every day for five days under the week, or a bit more than 20 minutes each day. I keep track and get happy when I do long workouts and the number changes fast.

I've lost motivation the last two weeks (after going for a month and a half), but I slowly get back into it, with my fave workout vids. :)

Werbung:
I can't do walking (partially disabled), but I can see why it's enjoyable. I would if I could. I usually try to get in some stretches to warm up for my physical therapy exercises, but I need a bit more than that (without hurting myself). I try to dance sometimes, because that's uplifting and I like music. Other than that, I find it very hard to get motivated sometimes.

Back